“Good place for dog”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Marinette
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We brought our dog and the room was very nice and quiet. They charge a $20 pet fee which seemed fair. They do not allow cats which was a bonus for us because my wife is allergic. The room and hotel was Clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant next to the hotel is a good option.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank cnuech
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2014

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It was our pleasure to have you with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I stay here 2 or 3 times a year when in Marinette on business. The room and bath were clean and roomy. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast is OK - typical Country Inn. Staff was very friendly. I find this to be the best choice in Marinette.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed here numerous times. The rates are reasonable & the staff is friendly. The staff here always go above & beyond each time we've visited. Need something? They'll get it for you. Something not right? They'll make it right. I highly recommend!

• Stayed: February 2014
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely response regarding your stay. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

After mixed to bad reviews of properties in Marinette we picked Country Inn and Suites. It was very nice! Not the Ritz, but not priced that way either. Newer property that is very clean and well maintained. Very nice rooms and staff. Pretty nice breakfast too. We would gladly stay here again. One note for all hotels in Marinette and probably Menominee: major trains with incessant whistles run all night.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Howard N
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

We truely appreciate you giving us a try and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Not being familiar with this hotel chain I had no expectations. I can say that to me there was nothing that made this chain any different than the others I've been to. That being said I'm glad this hotel was chosen as it was clean and comfortable. To me it still had a newness to it. The room was a good size and everything was in working order: tv, wifi, mini-fridge, microwave and climate control (which ran quietly). The bathroom was clean. The bed was softer than I prefer but comfortable. Even though the hotel was full I found it quiet (room on 3rd floor). Two computers were available in the lobby but internet connection there was terrible for some reason. Breakfast area was fine with the usual offerings. Check-in and -out went without issue. This will probably be my hotel of choice when back in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

We're so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Thank you!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed one night. Impressive lobby area. Rokms were clean but stained carpets and decor reminded me of the 70s. No sink outside of bathroom sink. Pool was surprisingly SMALL and extremely salty. Burned our 5 yr olds eyes and he broke out in a rash all over the next day. One day later, 2 topical creams and one oral med every four hours is helping tremendously. No...he does not normally have sensitive skin. He swims in our home pool all summer long...no issues. I called the hotel to make them aware and they were very nice and apologetic. The service/staff are very nice. But...if you're looking for fun in a pool...this isnt the place...waaay to small and chemicals are way off...salt generated or not.

• Stayed: October 2013
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

I am so sorry to hear about your son...I hope he's feeling better. The salt generated pool should be gentler and less harsh on the skin and eyes rather than using chemicals such as chlorine. I am so sorry it wasn't and disrupted your stay. I have relayed those concerns to our pool company in the hopes that a similar situation doesn't occur again.

I am so sorry the stay wasn't up to your expectations. Hopefully, if you're willing to give us another try we can meet or exceed those expectations next time.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We've been staying in this Comfort Inn and suites for years! It's on our route to Michigan and a good days drive from home. Rooms are clean, beds are very comfortable and rooms are "homey" and nicely done. The office staff is always helpful with whatever you need! breakfast has hot options like eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, etc. Cookies are always out as well as coffee, tea and hot water. The hotel has a small exercise room, indoor pool and hot tub. There is a train track running nearby, but it's about 11 pm and once in the middle of the night. We no longer even hear the train at night, so maybe it's not running late anymore. This is my favorite place to lay my head for a good night's sleep!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Menominee
Best Western Riverfront Inn
Quality Inn & Suites Marinette
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
Econo Lodge On the Bay
Econo Lodge On the Bay
#2 of 2 in Menominee
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette? Share your experiences!