“Customer Service Rep”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Marinette
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Amanda L. is absolutely wonderful!! She was very helpful in answering my questions and in assiting me during my stay here. Oh how I wish every stay as I travel throughout the U.S. is as nice as this one was. She is one of the BEST.

Thanks for hiring her. She has a pleasant and welcoming disposition.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank yolandaj787
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments regarding Amanda. She is an excellent employee and we are very lucky to have her. I will be sure to share your comments with her...thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel stay was fantastic. The property is well kept and tidy. Our room was comfortable and exceptionally clean -- the beds among the most comfortable I've ever had in a hotel. Breakfast was very good each morning. The breakfast area was clean and there was never a stockpile of dirty dishes. I have to commend the breakfast staff and housekeeping. In all my travels, I have never seen such friendly and conscientious staff. Running and maintaining a hotel is very difficult given the influx of travelers. This hotel was the first I have been in where the housekeeping staff was working very diligently. I rode the elevator with a housekeeper who cleaned the metal lip of the elevator floor so I (or someone else) would not slip. In some hotels, it can take an act of congress to get fresh towels. Not so with the Marinette Country Inn and Suites. The pride and ownership the staff takes in making this facility stand out is just one of the reasons I will stay again. It's like staying in someone's well-kept home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We certainly hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Actually I would rate this property slightly above average. The room was very clean and comfortable. There is an indoor pool that many vacationers were using. The breakfast buffet was quite popular. The food was a decent selection.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bobin32
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to our area. Thank You!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's clean, but very worn despite being fairly new. I stayed twice in a week's time period in an extended stay two room suite and found the beds comfortable, the bathroom poorly laid out (sink four feet away from towels) and the lighting dim. The weekend desk clerk had her friends in the pool. They cleared out when 3pm check in time rolled around. Breakfast is great and location by a local brew pub is a plus. But the biggest drawback is the very slow internet connection (connects and reconnects, slows down, stops altogether).
I stay primarily at Country Inns & Suites because I need the separate bedroom and sitting room, so I'm familiar with them. This one needs attention paid to the Internet and tv. Nice big tv with analog signal is dumb!

Room Tip: Get a room at the back if you don't like train whistles.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

I am so sorry about the issues you experienced during your stay. I will be sure to bring those issues to the attention of the staff as well as our internet provider and work towards correcting them, with the hopes that you'll give us another try and we can meet or exceed your expectations. Again I'm so sorry and we certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is clean and well kept. We were in town for a funeral and didn't get a chance to use the pool. The breakfast isn't something we enjoy but it's nice to have available. I really just wanted to leave this review because it was a much better experience then our last visit. I appreciate a nice clean room and the air conditioner will make the room ice cold if you want it that way.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RHK60859
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I'm so glad that you decided to give us another try despite not having the best stay last time. :(
I really appreciate your comments and certainly hope that we'll have another opportunity to host you again soon. Thanks!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a wonderful experience. Stayed here 4 days while visiting my grandchildren. The breakfast was excellent and varied. Cookies and coffee are always available in the beautiful lobby. The room smelled and looked clean. The bed was wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FloridaFred25
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and certainly hope that we can see you again when your travels may bring you back to our area! Thank you!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Country Inn and Suites has become our "go to" hotel -- we have stayed in them many times in many different cities, and the service and quality are very good and very consistent. The staff are friendly, the hotel is very clean, the beds are very comfortable, and they have a good breakfast. This hotel in Marinette is no exception -- highly recommend! We actually stayed here when my husband made a reservation for a hotel in a nearby city (Oconto) for us to stop for a night while traveling. We arrived at the other place at 12:30am but they were closed! So even though we had a reservation, we had no room. So with 2 kids, we had to keep driving and found this Country Inn still open at 1:30am and got a room. Now my husband knows what I know -- its worth it to go a little farther to stay at a place you can count on!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that your experience with our chain has been a positive one. We certainly hope to have the chance to have you with us again the next time your travels bring you to our area! Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
Baymont Inn & Suites Marinette
Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort
Best Western Maritime Inn
Best Western Maritime Inn
#5 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marinette? Share your experiences!