“Exceeded our expectations!”

Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Marinette
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Friendly and very helpful staff, very clean and well maintained, excellent complimentary breakfast, free gourmet cookies anytime, and overall a nice property. Booked here because of 9.4 Trip Advisor rating. Exceeded our expectations. Give it a full 10!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about your stay! We certainly hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to our area!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Newer facility. Good location, although due to rebuilding highway, a little challenging to get there. Worth it! Friendly staff. Free local newspaper and cookies . Pool was great for kids. Reasonable price. Stayed two nights--good breakfast options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We're so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we certainly hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to our area! Thank you!

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Room was large, clean, and the bed was comfortable. Front desk is a bit slow at checking in. It is a little difficult to get to the property. You can see it from the highway, but have to circle around on side roads to get to the parking lot. Not a big deal once you figure it out. Nothing really outstanding about this property - but it is clean with good mattress. Will continue to stay here when in the area on business.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Impressed with the property and people. We were in Marinette for a funeral and were offered a funeral rate and treated very respectfully by staff. The room and amenities were excellent. Nice breakfast buffet. The only down side would be the proximity to the train tracks.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room farthest from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't under better circumstances, and hopefully we'll get to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We've stayed at this motel a few times now and have always gotten VERY CLEAN, COMFORTABLE rooms. We've never had a bad experience.The staff has always been very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast is also pretty decent as well. A step up from the average continental breakfast. This past trip we used the pool. My daughter loved it. The pool area was also very clean and well kept. Overall the level of CLEANLINESS IS EXCEPTIONAL! I normally don't sleep too well at hotels but I sleep great everytime I stay at this Country inn. A very nice, clean, comfortable hotel! The only draw back I can think of is that it is a little complicated to get to the hotel. You have to use a service road off the main road but once you figure that out its a breeze. We've enjoyed all of our stays at this place and hope you do too.

Room Tip: If you provide them with an e-mail address you get e-mail norifications for room specials, We ended...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about your stay, we certainly appreciate that and hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to us!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This was our first time staying at the Country Inn and Suites in Marinette. We usually stay at the Americinn in Menominee or The Best Western in Marinette. We decided to bring our dog with this trip instead and I saw online they had a puppy package which sounded nice. The puppy package was great.

The puppy package was great. It was $10 more per night, but $10 less on the dog fee. So it evens out financially. The package included a nice small metal bowl, a couple biscuits, and a ball with a strap attached for a handle. My dog loved the toy and did great in the hotel room.

The room was clean with a nice desk and comfortable beds. The pool was warmer than most hotels and the hot tub was cooler than most. Which I actually preferred. Everywhere we saw in the hotel seemed well maintained and clean. The breakfast was good and the attendant tried to help people with the waffle maker.

Front desk the morning of checkout is where this hotel failed in my opinion and is why we will never return. The day of our checkout we were going to meet Family for lunch at noon. So we were relaxing and taking our time to get ready to meet them. We planned on leaving at 11:45 to meet them a few minutes early. While getting ready we received multiple unexpected calls from the front desk. These calls were to ask us if we left yet. Apparently it is a hassle to the employees for us to stay in the room we paid $120 for. We found this extremely rude. I've stayed at more hotels than I can remember for work and never had something like this happen before. Staying at a hotel should be a relaxing, casual experience and this had the exact opposite effect.

In short I would not stay here again or recommend it to anyone else. The other hotels I've stayed at in the area were cheaper, had pools, and better service. This hotel was newer and a little nicer but service is more important to me.

One other thing to non-smokers. Every time I went outside the front door there were employees directly outside the door smoking. I'm a former smoker and this doesn't bother me but I understand how some people feel about it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CIS54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

I am so sorry that you were bothered like that at check out. That is certainly not the type of service that we try to provide for our guests here at the Country Inn.

I did speak to that employee and correct the matter so that it will not happen in the future, and again I am so sorry for your inconvenience.

I sincerely hope that this does not deter you from staying with us again and we hope to see you soon when your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our first stay here and we will definitely be back! We were visiting family in neighboring Menominee.. and booked this hotel based on the price, location and reviews of others. Though we did not take advantage of the breakfast... I did take a sneak peak.. and it had a better than average selection.. and I have to say.. the coffee bar in the front lobby( and the cookies :) made my day! The staff was friendly, and the overall cleanliness of the hotel and rooms was excellent. Maybe the only thing was that the whirlpool could have been a tad warmer.. but sure felt good after a long day on the road. I also have to say how surprisingly quiet it was even though it was fairly close to the rr track. On our first night we heard nothing and even with more guests on Saturday it was still very quiet. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CountryInn54143, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope this is the first of many stays to come...we enjoyed having you and hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marinette
Best Western Riverfront Inn
#4 of 7 in Egg Harbor
Best Western Maritime Inn
Best Western Maritime Inn
#4 of 17 in Sturgeon Bay

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Marinette, WI? Share your experiences!