“Don't Go”

Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

This was a huge mistake driving to Manitowoc from Green Bay in hopes of finding a good perch lunch.
Mock lobster tasted like fish oil Brosted potatoes were like undone deep fried half raw potatoes. Perch plates were very thin fillets not much substance.
Very disappointed.
Lunch for three was $35.00 and change plus gas.
Wasted trip.

• Visited March 2012

Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“You cannot cook at home for these prices.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Great food, super friendly staff & owners. Sometimes a wait (on weekends) but worth it. Small corner restaurant that beats the chains hands down.

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Mike S
Chicago, Illinois
“excellent steak”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2011

Very small bar/restaurant, must take a # for a table, which there are only about 11.
All employees were nice and worked hard. The Rib-eye Steak was great. I'd say the 1/2 hour wait was well worth it.

• Visited August 2011
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Deceived”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

I was under the impression that this was a 'reservations only' restaurant. I called them and the girl told me I should make reservations, and so I did. My girlfriend and I, got all dressed up....only to walk into a heavy cloud of smoke, *cough cough* (at the time of legal smoking in early 2010). We had a drink before being seated. some mid-aged lady was arguing with a mid-aged gentleman about their wasted life, in front of everyone at the bar. The bartender had to staff attire on. She knew the patrons names and they were not there to eat. the bartender soon joined in on the profanity that filled the room. I slammed my drink and asked to be escorted into the dinning area. Turn the corner, and there it was, the dining area....EMPTY!...and the smoke followed us in...instead of pleasant music we enjoyed the profanity in replacement of the music. Midway thru all this, my girlfriend said, this is it, its all she can take. we paid for our food, uneaten! and just left. never went back. when we drive by we frown. we laughed at each other, as how we got all dressed up for dive restaurant. TV show Diners, drive in and dives, please stay away!! Americans worse restaurants, please come!

Naples, Florida
“A Fun, Working-Class Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2010

We enjoy the Green St Tavern for it's fun bar and working class pub atmosphere. I love the brandy old fashions for $2.50. We always enjoy sitting at the bar for a couple of drinks because we always end up laughing with the locals--They're really down-home people with good hearts and friendly ways. I wish I had a pub like this in Springboro/Dayton--we keep looking, but we can't find one.

The service is great--the waitresses are very hardworking. The food is very good, simple Wisconsin food--dumplings, broasted chicken, perch, chopped sirloin & scallops in sherry sauce. Occasionally, deep-fried frogs legs :-).

On weekends this is a very busy place--expect to spend 45 min in the bar waiting for a table.

The proprietor of this pub is a hardworking family man, very serious and clean cut. He runs a great place!

2 Thank 1snayl