“Nice little ice cream/lunch/chocolate shop!”
Review of Beerntsen's

Beerntsen's
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Manitowoc
Cuisines: American, Deli
Reviewed October 20, 2013

A blast from the past! Nice little shop! If you want anything chocolate you will find it here. Ice cream was also great!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Berntsen's is one of my favorite places to go in Manitowoc. They have wonderful handmade chocolates, but my favorite thing there is the Turtle Sundae. It is to die for. The sundaes come in glass sundae dishes. The custard, the caramel sauce and the hot fudge are all homemade. They are absolutely fabulous. Their soup and sandwiches are also quite good. I would say Beerntsen's is a must stop when visiting Manitowoc.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Girls week in Mishicot, ate there 2 days in a row. Loved the food and the ice cream with very reasonable prices. Enjoyed the old building...a step back in time. Waitress was wonderful and told us about some attractions in town that we were unaware of. Will return every time I am in the area. Yummy chocolates, too!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I can't speak for the other food, since I didn't sample it, but the amazing selection of chocolate items they have in their little store is quite overwhelming. If you can dodge the waitstaff trying to serve tables, you'll find any thing your little heart desires.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stopped by on a Sunday afternoon for an ice cream treat. The turtle sundae was very good and reasonably priced. Good/quick service and the waitress was very friendly. We were excited to add some chocolate as we were leaving only to be surprised on the cost of the items. I understand that Beerntsen's is unique with historic overtones, but $10 for a couple of turtles was a bit much.