“Lovely lunch!”
Review of Courthouse Pub

Courthouse Pub
Ranked #2 of 107 Restaurants in Manitowoc
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Courthouse Pub. Located in Historic Downtown Manitowoc, at the corner of Eighth and Washington across from the Courthouse in City Center, we provide fine dining in a comfortable Pub environment. Open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM - 9:00 PM, the Pub offers a selection of hand-crafted appetizers, luncheon salads and sandwiches, and a full dinner menu. Our menus highlight gluten-free items, as well as vegetarian entrees, and sized-right entrees -- a smaller portion at a lower price. Courthouse Pub is also a microbrewery, brewing craft beers each month for your enjoyment. Some are seasonal, some are guest favorites. We also offer some of the finest wines in Wisconsin with a Wine Program recognized since 2002 by Wine Spectator Magazine's Award of Excellence. Whether it's an intimate dinner for two, a celebration with one-hundred friends, the Courthouse Pub's staff is equipped to handle your event with quality service and an attention to detail that has become the hallmark of our restaurant. We believe eating out should be fun and satisfying, and we try our best every day to bring that experience to our guest. We invite you, your friends and family to join us at Courthouse Pub tonight for a one-of-a kind dining experience.
Lac du Flambeau, Wisconsin
“Lovely lunch!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visiting family in Two Rivers, we enjoyed lunch here. Very nice building, great service and food was wonderful! I had the soup and sandwich; chicken noodle, sliced beef and cheese on a pretzel roll and a small dish of pasta salad. The beer was tasty as well.

1 Thank FLWfan

Manistique, Michigan
“Good food”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had a delicious salmon meal and the risotto. Ate every bite and then had the creme brulee. Delicious. Nice "courthouse" (wood and tile floors) ambiance.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank imahaug
Whitehall, MI
“Are We Glad We Had Lunch Here!”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I had just spent a day and an overnight in Wisconsin's beautiful Door County and had driven down to Manitowoc to take the SS Badger across to Michigan. We were looking for a place to eat lunch before boarding the boat. A local guy recommended the Courthouse Pub so we decided to give it a try.

Wow. The place, what we experienced of it, is well done. The weekday lunch crowd was a good mix of business people, lunching locals and tourists. (Plenty of attorney-types in suits but that must be due to the courthouse across the street!) We were seated right away in the roomy bar area at a table where we had a great view of the panoramic, historical photo behind the bar.

If we'd had more time I would've been tempted to try a sampling of the local beers. My husband did have a beer with his burger but it was a familiar choice. I ordered a cup of French onion soup (au gratin) followed by a Caprese Salad. The soup was very good but the salad was excellent! The balsamic reduction was almost like maple syrup for salad. (Not that there was any maple flavor to it but it was "that good!")

The menu is set up with various court language headings. Thus my husband's burger (found in the Burden of Proof section, that is "lunch entrees") was called the Judge's Choice. He enjoyed every bite along with the fries that came with it. (He held one up and said: "now these are real French fries!)

We don't normally order dessert (er, rather "closing arguments") at lunch time but I noticed that Crème Brulee was on the menu and I couldn't pass that up. We split it between the two of us and almost licked the plate! The consistency was thick and rich and the taste was just as it should be.

The service, food, and environment were top notch the day we were at the Pub, so we'd definitely come back to dine, if given the opportunity. I was also pleased to see gluten-free items on the menu as I often eat out with someone who has to avoid gluten.

1 Thank Jill C
Midland, MI
“Nice place with outdoor seating.”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice restaurant/pub in downtown Manitowoc. Food and service were both excellent and the outdoor seating let me enjoy the afternoon sun. Angela was a great server, couldn't ask for more.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Our Best Meal and Service in this Area”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was by far the best meal and service we had while spending a week in this area. My wife and I enjoyed the "right-size" steak with mushrooms meal for dinner. It came with potatoes and asparagus that were cooked just right. Our service was excellent, and our server, Emily, made sure we had some fried cheese curds when she learned we had never had them.