“Will not go back!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Dover
“Will not go back!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

This is the second time I went to an Applebee's this year and both times I have been disappointed. I ordered the spinach salad with berries, pecans, blue cheese pieces and chicken. There was an ample amount of chicken but not even a thimble of pecans and maybe a teaspoon of berries. And, the blue cheese pieces were missing in action. The spinach was also scanty. I also considered ordering their tomato soup but after I looked at the ingredients I decided no. The waitress, Wendy, was great. Earlier, this year, my wife and I had ordered fish at a different Applebees's and it felt and tasted like fried shoe leather. Nope, I'm not going back, period.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DoverJungleboy

Downers Grove, Illinois
“OK as chains go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I had to wait quite a while for my take out order, but the bartender was very hospitable while I waited. Unfortunately, I didn't check my order before taking back to my hotel room and, upon opening the container, found that half of my steak & shrimp order was missing. It was very difficult to find their phone number (via the hotel or on the internet), but when I did get through, the manager on duty apologized and offered to send a gift card for a free item. The gift card never arrived.

Visited July 2013
MADISON
“Nice and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

This restaurant was in walking distance from my hotel. I enjoyed a bowl of soup and a chicken & strawberry salad. The waitress (Karla) had an excellent attitude and a great sense of humor.

Visited September 2013
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
“I love Applebee's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The waiter was excellent! He kept are drinks full without us asking and even recommended dishes that were excellent as well!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank ou_tigress
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Where has the customer service gone???”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I was there with my sisters and mother celebrating my sisters 46th birthday. Our server told us what a bad day she was having and kept apologizing even before she took our orders. She left our drinks sit as we watched her smoking outside, didn't bring out the soup til our meal was finished and still charged us. We tried ordering bread sticks she said we couldn't. Let our dirty plates sit there! I asked for the manager that was worse yet! She said "well she really is having a bad day". All she did was take the soup, and 2 drinks off the bill. What a joke!!!

• Visited August 2013