“If you like Historical villages this is a must”

Pinecrest Historical Village
Ranked #5 of 25 things to do in Manitowoc
wisconsin
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“If you like Historical villages this is a must”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Laid out beautifully like a real town, lots of variety and detail, only $7 admission.
They give you an audio device in which you press the number of the building and it gives you a brief character narrative of its history. I found the narratives enjoyable.
We were the only customers on a Tuesday afternoon, had the whole town to ourselves! That was nice!
Pine crest needs to put thselves out there more with better advertising, more helpful website and directions.
They have a time capsule from 1986 to be opened in 2036. I'm interested to see what is in there, I will go to its opening, at which time I will be 56 yrs old.
I dare say I enjoyed Pine crest more than Green Bay's Heritage hill

Visited July 2013
2 Thank theobserverWisconsin

Kenosha, Wisconsin
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Great Photowalk through yesteryear!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My Wife & I found this village great for our hobby of taking photowalks. We had a very relaxing and unhurried day strolling the grounds. We came away with some very nice shots and an education into the early days of Manitowoc history. We will return soon!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Steve B
Aurora, Colorado
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A good tour for all ages”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This village is incredibly well done. An easy stroll takes one from an early cabin through a complete village. Each building is very well curated - extremely enjoyable.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank kerseymom
Wilmington, Delaware
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 150 helpful votes
“No One There”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We arrived midday during the week and no other guests were there. The person taking care of the admissions couldn't get the crdeit card equipment to work, so we looked around and decided this place wasn't good enough to stick around.

Visited June 2013
Sherwood, Wisconsin
154 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Very nice collection of historic buildings, many furnished.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

There are about 25 buildings, most open. The path is gravel and you probably have a half mile in total. We liked the buildings and love the setting. They provide an audio tour if you want. I don't think it's ever that busy, which is nice. On this holiday weekend there was only one other couple there while we walked around. Some of the buildings are wheelchair friendly, but most have 1 to 3 steps.

Visited May 2013