“Not your typical hurry-up and eat place”
Review of 8th and York - CLOSED

8th and York
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual upscale dining experience located in historic downtown Manitowoc.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This is the kind of restaurant that you visit to linger and enjoy the meal and your company. I took my daughter her on 8/15/14, and yes the service is slow, but the staff is friendly and the food is wonderful! I only had two complaints about this trip: 1) the menu did not state that eggs were included in the entrée ( I have an egg allergy) so they had to remake my dish and 2) is was so cold in the restaurant; uncomfortably cold! Prices are reasonable for the quality and quantity. This was not my first visit, nor will it be my last. They do a great job and it's one of the best places to get a very nice meal in Manitowoc!

1  Thank MissFitz1

Reviewed August 11, 2014

a quick dinner on Saturday night turned into the center piece of the evening when we wondered into 8th and York. What a wonderful setting for a fun and fresh dinner. the menu included interesting entrees spanning several continents and the beer list was interesting and quite tasty. Above all the service staff was wonderful and exhibited a genuine concern for our satisfaction and interests.

1  Thank dixonconsultinginc
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The food at 8th and York is always good, you cannot go wrong with their food!! However their service needs improvement, especially with the hostess and waitresses. I had called in our order several hours ahead of time, and I actually got there early, and the hostesses was rude about me being early and made me feel like an idiot for being early. Then they almost mixed up orders and I almost got someone else's order!! The hostess then said well if you would have been here at the time you were supposed to be this wouldn't have happened. I was just in awe of his rudeness towards me, at the restaurant and on the phone!! again I'm sorry for being early, it is not my fault that I was early and that you mixed up orders!!!! If they want to succeed they need to fix the wait staff and please get a new hostess!!

1  Thank ashley k
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had lunch at this restaurant. It's an old bank building that was retrofitted to be a restaurant. We were very impressed with how many of the original fixtures were incorporated into the decor of the restaurant. The menu is mainly Thai food but they do have a couple of burgers to select from if need be. The food was very good as was the service. We would definitely go back.

2  Thank Syxepac
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I have gone to this place three times this year because friend or family wanted to go there and try it out. I was very disappointed every time. The first time the waitress tipped herself 10 dollars by not returning with the change. When we spoke to management once we got home..they did nothing about the fact that the waitress had tipped herself 10 dollars. The second time we went there two couples walked out before receiving their food. They leaned over and stated that both had waited at least 40 minutes and only received a poor welcome and a glass of water. The third time a friend wanted take out.I walked in found a 20 dollar bill on the floor turned it over to management without even a thank you! In addition, I was told the take out could not have the soup and salad and still took almost an hour. 35 minutes into the wait the host convinced me to pay for it and like a dumby I did. Ultimately took three quarters of an hour and I watched two more couples walk out as the host scolded the waitresses behind the bar about bad service. If you're visiting Manitowoc don't waste your time as you can't reward mediocre food with bad service, sad atmosphere and indifference!

4  Thank David B