“rediculous”
Review of 8th and York - CLOSED

8th and York
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual upscale dining experience located in historic downtown Manitowoc.
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Just had to say that I am sorely disappointed in 8th and York. My wife and I have tried to love this restaurant at least a dozen times and have been let down more times than not. The food is great sometimes and really bad others. When the food is on, it ON but there is no consistency. And the service is laughable. We ordered hummus and got mustard. They did not even bat an eye for charging us for it after we complained. Today was the final straw when we walked in at 1 PM and waited ten minutes after we were seated without being asked for a drink order. Then they took the customers drink order that walked in 2 minutes ago before we walked out. Please do yourself a favor and take your significant other to a classy place that had good food and great wait staff, not some joke of a restaurant almost trying to be successful.

3  Thank Dennis F

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I am so thankful to the young lady at Cedar Crest Dairy who told us about this restaurant. It was the highlight of our anniversary trip. First , the restaurant is in an old bank, very charming. Second, the food was great and they had both American, for my hubby, and Thai, for me. I had Pad Thai and it was the best I have ever had. My husband had a burger and potato salad. Very good also. Our lunch was only $14. A great value. Even though our server was new, she did a great job. Can't wait to go back and try the curry.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

i titled my review that way because this restaurant is inside a hundred year old bank building that has been converted into a very good restaurant. The renovation was done beautifuly , although we were there for a late dinner the charm of the old style lighting and marble accents and period chairs and tables added to the enjoyable meal it was like you can imagine the tellers at thier stations that is now a full bar, the menue was well rounded from sandwiches to full meals and the sweet potatoe fries are out of this world. The service was very good and our server was very freindly and helpful.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

It is an old bank building converted into a contemporary restaurant. The food and service were great, and the people were very friendly.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Service was terrible and the American food was horrible. Poor cut of meat, poor presentation of food. Just bad.