“Food atrocious!”
Review of 8th and York - CLOSED

8th and York
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual upscale dining experience located in historic downtown Manitowoc.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to this restaurant for breakfast and never again. It's too bad this business falls short of average. The food took 45 minutes to be served,with a half full restaurant,when it arrived over easy eggs were steamed not fried and oozed with water making me gag, hash browns were cold all they way thru and toast was buttered bread! This greatly falls short of of most peoples expectations. We will not return and advise others to check other very good places in this city . This will make a great gift shop in another year.

3  Thank Mantymom
There are newer reviews for 8th and York

Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

We went right in to a beautiful table. I was so excited I love the look, then a couple more people came in. It was absolutely not crowded, but it sounded like there was three hundred people in there it was obnoxiously loud. That was hard to get past making the atmosphere uncomfortable to say the least. The server was annoyed that we complained about the noise guessing she gets that a lot. I was excited to get the curry but very disapointed as well as my friend with undercooked pad Thai, curry was watery and I was not thrilled at all about the 50 minutes it took to get it. 50 minuted in a loud place feels like hours making us anxious too get out of there soon as we could. We obviously were not enjoying our food, did not want a box and the waitress was very clearly avoiding asking us what was wrong. We paid the bill and will cross that off the list of places to go..Never again.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Nice and sunny spot for breakfast. Great hash browns with eggs. Gravy for biscuits and gravy was bland. It took 45 minutes to get food and service during the wait was inattentive. I would possibly given thateggs and has browns were very good and I rally like the sunny room.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have been here twice. Food and service are good. Bar is currently limited to beer and wine which isn't a problem for most customers. Maybe they will offer mixed drinks in the future. Can be busy on weekends, especially between 6 and 8pm. Only take reservations for 8 or more so be prepared to wait. Other reviewers have mentioned NOISE as a problem. It is DEFINITELY a factor on weekends. Conversation is very difficult. Not a problem during the week. Thai food is spicy hot. Be careful when ordering as even "medium" might be too hot for most people depending on the item. Ask the server! Little things like cloth napkins and place mats on the tables aren't necessities but would be a nice addition. They spent a lot of money renovating resulting in an attractive decor. Paper napkins and supermarket McCormick salt & pepper shakers just seem to come up short.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We were house hunting recently in Manitowoc, and our REALTOR suggested we try 8th and York. We are from Chicago, so our standards are quite high. The place is beautiful, used to be a large bank. The menu is large, any has many great sounding options. The portions were enough for each of us to have two meals from. Service was very good. My husband is not a Thai lover, but there are several american type dishes on the menu as well. I will agree it is a little noisy because the restaurant is mostly marble. Prices were very reasonable. We will be back and will bring our friends here when we move to Manitowoc area soon.

1  Thank Sisters_10