“8th and York outstanding”
Review of 8th and York - CLOSED

8th and York
Cuisines: American, Thai, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A casual upscale dining experience located in historic downtown Manitowoc.
wauwatosa
“8th and York outstanding”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Exceptional food, the wait staff need more training. The inside is deisgn is out of this world. Very comfortable place. Why have two days clsoed?

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank robert l

Manitowoc, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Also disappointed!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I recently ate at 8th and York because a friend asked me to join him for dinner. I was also curious to try the food after hearing mixed reviews about the place. The service was OK, but the food was honestly something I couldn't even swallow. I ordered the curry off the dinner menu and had to choke it down, literally. I didn't want to embarrass my friend, so I said I wasn't feeling well and had it boxed up. The curry sauce was like velveeta cheese mixed with coconut milk. My friend's pad thai included noodles that weren't cooked all the way through and regurgitated tofu. I wouldn't recommend going to this restaurant even if you have gift certificates.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank hungrym0m
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
“Lunch trip-Something different”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant recently opened in downtown Manitowoc. It is located on the ground floor of an large historic building that was recently remodeled. We met friends for lunch there. All of us were impressed with the interior. The ceilings are very high, with large windows flooding in light. One side has a long bar, where you may sit to eat or just wait for a table. Otherwise, the restaurant has several table sizes for various sized groups.

Our waiter immediately brought us over water with lemons. We thought he did a great job throughout his recommendations to checking on us. All of us ordered different dishes (pulled pork, fish taco, hamburger, and a Thai dish) and were pleased with the food. The prices for lunch were very decent between $6-10 and included a side. We ran into other friends there eating; they said the spring rolls were very good. You can see their website for current dishes and prices. We plan on going back.

Sidenote: if you have difficulty hearing, you may find it hard to hear inside. I would go early for lunch-all the tables were filled at noon. If you have a limited time for for lunch, you might want to go somewhere quicker.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank TravelGalTR
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
“Average food, CRAPPY Service”
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, but crappy service.
The food is no better than frozen Walmart Asian entrees. There are better places in Manitowoc.

3 Thank Mark P
“What a disappointment.”
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I heard about the new restaurant, I wanted to wait to go I never want to go into a new place and hear fifty times we are working out the bugs. So I wait a while. I had not heard a lot of good things about this place. Now I know why, my girlfriend and I went there to have drinks and dinner and have fun. Well they have no mixed drinks I am not a beer drinker, wine at eight dollars a glass I think is not appropriate. Sooo we just waited for a table, I think were over looked three times, then I complained so we were sat at a dirty table. Who does that. We sat there another 15 minutes we could not even talk there it is so loud the acoustics are terrible. We decided to leave at that point. To me this place its about looks and not food drink or the customer. I warn people not to bother........

4 Thank formeforyou