“Lunch trip-Something different”
Review of 8th and York - CLOSED

8th and York
Cuisines: American, Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A casual upscale dining experience located in historic downtown Manitowoc.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This restaurant recently opened in downtown Manitowoc. It is located on the ground floor of an large historic building that was recently remodeled. We met friends for lunch there. All of us were impressed with the interior. The ceilings are very high, with large windows flooding in light. One side has a long bar, where you may sit to eat or just wait for a table. Otherwise, the restaurant has several table sizes for various sized groups.

Our waiter immediately brought us over water with lemons. We thought he did a great job throughout his recommendations to checking on us. All of us ordered different dishes (pulled pork, fish taco, hamburger, and a Thai dish) and were pleased with the food. The prices for lunch were very decent between $6-10 and included a side. We ran into other friends there eating; they said the spring rolls were very good. You can see their website for current dishes and prices. We plan on going back.

Sidenote: if you have difficulty hearing, you may find it hard to hear inside. I would go early for lunch-all the tables were filled at noon. If you have a limited time for for lunch, you might want to go somewhere quicker.

1  Thank TravelGalTR

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, but crappy service.
The food is no better than frozen Walmart Asian entrees. There are better places in Manitowoc.

3  Thank Mark P
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I heard about the new restaurant, I wanted to wait to go I never want to go into a new place and hear fifty times we are working out the bugs. So I wait a while. I had not heard a lot of good things about this place. Now I know why, my girlfriend and I went there to have drinks and dinner and have fun. Well they have no mixed drinks I am not a beer drinker, wine at eight dollars a glass I think is not appropriate. Sooo we just waited for a table, I think were over looked three times, then I complained so we were sat at a dirty table. Who does that. We sat there another 15 minutes we could not even talk there it is so loud the acoustics are terrible. We decided to leave at that point. To me this place its about looks and not food drink or the customer. I warn people not to bother........

4  Thank formeforyou
Reviewed July 19, 2012

What a great addition to Manitowoc. Finally and upscale but casual trendy place to go for Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Thanks.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I loved Neweys in Manitowoc before it closed, and now that 8th and York has some of the same dishes, its like its back again! They have other menu additions which are very good as well! Pad Thai, Curry, Marsala Chicken, Eggs Benedict, its all good! The prices are reasonable, and it makes you want to go all the time!
I've been a few times now and at first the service was bad, and you could tell the staff was not well trained. Each time I have gone, the service has gotten better, and they seem to be getting into their groove. I do wish that the staff would check in a few minutes into the meal to see if the food is tasting good or if we need anything else.
The interior is awesome. I'm glad the owner decided to keep the original charm of the bank that it used to be!

1  Thank travel12mb