“Nice modern hotel, nice staff”

AmericInn Lodge & Suites Manitowoc
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Vevey, Switzerland
“Nice modern hotel, nice staff”
Reviewed August 5, 2008

This is a nicely designed, modern and very well kept property, close enough to the feeway for convenience, but remote enough for the noise. I spent three nights there and will return. Good breakfast.

• Liked — The staff attitude
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 14, 2008

Booked a basic twin double-bed room on the hotel's website for $79.99/night. It was like every other AmericInn I've ever stayed in: nothing too fancy and just a little bit on the cramped side, but clean and comfortable and VERY quiet. The broadband internet worked great and the staff was very friendly. Too bad AmericInn doesn't participate in online airfare/hotel packages, because otherwise this would be my regular stop in Manitowoc.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
sussex
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I ran the Green Bay Marathon, booked a hotel late and this was the closest to Green Bay that I could get. I found the room to be clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. I didn't try the breakfast or use the pool so I can't comment on that, but if you're looking for an affordable hotel that's near the freeway I would certainly recommend the AmericInn.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
St. Charles IL
Reviewed August 18, 2006

I have stayed in many places in this town, and this has to be the nicest of them all. It is right next to I-43, and is kept up very nicely. It is very clean, and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mmustard
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 13, 2006

This is a great place to stay when visiting the Manitowoc area. The rooms were very affordable, clean and updated. We were inpressed with the pool area and how friendly, counteous and helpful the staff was (thanks, Becky!). We'll definetely stay here again on our next trip to Manitowoc.

The only downside was getting back to the hotel after a night out and having nowhere to park - we had to "make" our own space.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 5, 2005

Overall, I found this hotel to be a very good value. We were in town, along with many other people, for a volleyball tournament. The staff went out of their way to set up the breakfast earlier than normal so that we could take advantage of it.

My one complaint, and the reason I say to check your bill, is that they charge you $1 for having a safe in your room. Upon calling, I was told that you aren't charged as long as you ask them to remove it from the bill at check out. How would I know to check for this unless someone pointed it out? Apparently, it was somewhere on the sheet that I signed upon checking in. It seems to me that if you're going to set up this backward way of charging for something that most people don't use you should at least highlight the fact that you're doing it. I travel quite frequently and have never come across any other hotel that charges you for something but will remove the charge if you ask them to do so - regardless of whether you used the service for which they are charging.

I was told they added safes to all of the rooms about 6 months ago and added the $1 charge as a result. I guess I know how they are paying for those safes.

I know it's only a dollar but I don't like being duped. There are better and more honest ways to recover the costs of putting safes in the rooms.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 17, 2004

My family of 4 have stayed at the Americinn in Manitowoc frequently. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in the city. It's probably the only hotel in the city that has 2 queen beds in the room(s), and the price is right. Service is friendly. Breakfast is complete (stay away from the waffle maker, it's difficult to get the waffle off once it's baked which results in a smokey breakfast area for a brief time). Rooms are clean. Indoor pool is well-sized, not dinky like some hotels. It's close to the highway but the noise of traffic doesn't reach the hotel.
Two thumbs up for this hotel.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sheboygan

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Manitowoc? Share your experiences!