“Enjoyed our stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed May 26, 2007

My 6 year old and I stayed here for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel gave out coupons for complimentary drinks in the bar and for full breakfasts in the Boatyard Cafe (which has excellent views of the Lake). The room, also overlooking Lake Michigan, was clean and in good condition. The pool was a very decent size (and warm) and my daughter was so impressed it was difficult to get her out. From the pool you can see the SS Badger coming into port and docking. We visited the Maritime museum, and did the USS Cobia submarine tour. The water playgound had closed for the day, but the "museum lady" gave us tickets to return the following day (greatly appreciated). We also visited Lincoln Park and the zoo and admission was by donation (suggested $2 adults and $1kids). We had a great Daddy/Daughter weekend in Manitowoc.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DrDWsafc
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront

Reviewed September 26, 2006

Our room had exposed wires hanging out of the light in the bathroom. Nobody fixed them for the first day, so they put us in the "honey moon suite". This was just a bigger version of the small room we were in before. Staff was rude and uncaring. What a dump!

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank TrendyTraveler
Reviewed August 23, 2006

The hotel has been tastefully renovated. It is clean and located near the ferry, restaurants, and unique downtown shops. While not a spectacular place to stay, cleanliness, convenience and service were the major things. The waterfront views are a medium sized, angled window looking out at the water. There is currently construction along the shoreline, so the views were not the best, especially from the lower floors where we stayed. The long, narrow hallways and some old wood doorways gave evidence of an older hotel that's been renovated. We only ate breakfast there; it was good. The hotel and restauriant prices were fair. The building is impressive from the outside and the staff is helpful and friendly. I'd stay there again if we take the ferry again to Wisconsin.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank Thelma53
Reviewed June 23, 2006

Very nice hotel, very clean and decents views of the lakeshore.
Really enjoyed my stay here except that my reservation was lost and I had to prove that I had one.

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank MichiganGizmo
A TripAdvisor Member
Gladwin
Reviewed March 22, 2006

After reading the first review, I just had to throw in my two cents worth.
My husband and I have visited The Inn on Maritime Bay in October of 2005 and 2004. The first time we visited we were informed that there were renovations underway, and sure enough, by the time we came back, the updates were delightfully evident. Frankly, I care much more about service than decor when vacationing, and the warm and helpful staff are the reason we will be coming back again.
We take the Badger Car-ferry over from Michigan and call ahead to the Inn and there is someone waiting to pick us up when we get off the ship. To me, that's one of the extra special touches I appreciate very much. We stay for a long weekend each time we visit and always dine right at the inn for most of our meals. The service and the food there have also been above average.
On our last visit we went to the maritime museum right next door (Also highly recommended!), and one afternoon, I went and got a massage while my husband worked out at a nearby gym (gym pass available at front desk).
OK, I have shared enough about my happy memories, now it's up to you to make your own. :)
~Mary

• Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 22, 2005

I rated this hotel excellent based on its location. If you are taking the ferry across Lake Michigan, which I also highly recommend, this hotel is as close to the ferry as one can get and they provide a free shuttle. It also has a nice patio dining area overlooking Lake Michigan, where you can watch the ferry enter or exit the harbor. The hotel is currently undergoing a massive renovation, it preparation for becoming a Best Western property, so you might encounter some little inconveniences. It has an indoor pool, hot tub, and sauna, which were clean and inviting. The food (we just had lunch on the patio) was typcial lunch fare and reasonably priced. Our room looked out onto the lake and appeared to be recently renovated. By calling the hotel direct, I got a better rate than was available on their website, since ours was a weekday stay.

• Stayed: July 2005
6  Thank ratherbetraveking
A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed April 23, 2003

My wife and I went to Manitowoc for a romantic "long-weekend" excursion, and we made our "package" reservations about two months in advance. The package included a two night stay at the Inn, two breakfasts and two dinners at the on-site restaurant (which I believe was called "The Breakwater" or something equally nautical), and two tickets to the local tourist hot spot "The Wisconsin Maritime Museum". It was a pretty good deal. The service, I must say, was above average. We had no real complaints about the room or the hotel in general. I will say that the decor and overall "feel" of the place are extremely dated...it felt like we had walked into a scene out of an early 1970's TV show. The room had what can only be described as a "70's orange and brown" color scheme. Honestly, though, these are small qualms, and during out stay at the Inn on Maritime Bay, we experienced nothing that would discourage us from staying there again. Not the greatest, by any means, but far from the worst. The restaurant, by the way, was pretty good...especially since the meals were "free" (included with the package price). They served a pretty serviceable Sunday Brunch buffet that included the requisite omelette bar, Belgian waffle set-up, and all the bacon, eggs, and sausage you'd care for. Unfortunately, and through no fault of the Inn, of course, we chose to go to Manitowoc on Memorial Day Weekend. It was cold, extremely rainy, and damn-near completely deserted. The vast majority of the "colorful local shoppes and boutiques" were closed for the entire weekend, leaving few dining/entertainment options outside the Inn itself. After a bit of searching, we finally settled on a game of miniature golf. Hey, that's all that was open! Anyway, if you do happen to find yourself in Manitowoc over a holiday weekend, just do yourself a favor and suspend your expectations slightly. However, the Inn on Maritime Bay, while far from perfect accomodations, ie, good location, good scenery, and a pretty good restaurant. Recommended.

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Manitowoc
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
Harbor Town Inn
Harbor Town Inn
#4 of 6 in Manitowoc

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront? Share your experiences!