Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
Econo Lodge(Manitowoc)
$50
EconoLodge
Quality Inn Manitowoc(Manitowoc)(Great Value!)
$81
$120
$93
Harbor Town Inn(Manitowoc)
$86
$71
Village Inn on the Lake(Two Rivers)(Great Value!)
$71
Lakeview Motel(Two Rivers)
$50
$82
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Cool City Motel(Two Rivers)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmaritime museumlake michiganss badgercar ferryroom was cleannice view of the lakewithin walking distancenice hotelexcellent locationbike trailthe breakfast areaan older hotelhot tubnice staynice breakfastwaffle makergreen bay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2008

We stayed at this hotel because my now husband grew up in the area and we were having our wedding reception there. Little did we know it was going to end up as one of the worst experiences of our lives! The hotel itself was ok. It overall seemed out dated and unmaintatined. Tiles missing from the entry ways, etc.

When it came to the day of our wedding reception several things went wrong from beginning to end: Wrong skirting around the head tables, 1 waittress to serve 85 guests, wine service was done incorrectly after repeated instructions to the contrary, two of my groomsmens chicken came out under cooked, the waitress told me she ate a piece of my cake (even before I had a piece), etc, etc.

There was a smaller party across the hall from us who kept coming in to our party after I repeatedly asked for our doors to be kept shut. After dinner we had one bartender to oversee our event and that was the only staff member to be seen. The general mamanger, Diane was not in the hotel at all the day of our event.

Basically the night ended with a girl from the other party spitting in my guest book, pulling out a page and then me (the bride still in my wedding dress) gets punched in the face! The girl who did it was underage and was so drink she had wet herself earlier in the night! Also tells you that the hotel staff was serving a minor!

Now the best part is the general manager is avoiding our phone calls and wont even talk to us about what happened! Poor, poor service to say the least. Our only option now is to go to Best Western corporate head quarters.

Never, ever stay at the Best Western Lakefront Hotel in Manitowoc, WI and sure as heck never have you wedding there!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bride_w_terrible_exp
Reviewed August 18, 2008

We were there for two days, comuting to Oshkosh for Airventure. Nice, large room, no separation in the suite, but comfortable, nice bathroom, didn't try the pool, but it looked inviting, with its glass ceiling!
Only a few minutes away from the Badger's point of arrival.
We were in a bit of a hurry, so the fact that there was no buffet breakfast was a little disappointing, until we sat outside and figured the road could wait while we had eggs Benedict out on the terrace facing the lake...
Everyone was very friendly, and I'd like to thank the staff for sending me my son's favorite sneakers and my jeans that I'd forgotten in the closet.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We stayed two nights at the Lakefront Hotel. It is a 3 story hotel with an elevator. The hotel was clean with a newer carpet in our room - 159. At the front desk are complementary USA Today papers, coffee, fruit and granola bars. The towels in the rooms do need an upgrade as they are not very plush. We had breakfast in the hotel cafe - which was fine for the price. We had drinks in the bar one night and it was OK. We paid $119 for one night and $129 for Friday - AAA rates.

We brought our 3 bicycles to ride the Manitowoc to Two Rivers and Point Beach State Forest trails. Hotel management said we could keep our bikes in the room. There was easily enough room for all 3 bikes.

The hotel is right next to the YMCA and near the Maritime Museum. For $5 you can use the 'Y' - ask at the front desk.

The hotel is right on the lakefront and in the summer it is great to just go out and view the water. If you ride bikes, the hotel is about two blocks from the trail along the lakefront that leads to Two Rivers (the trail is 5 miles).

They have high speed internet connections via an ethernet cable. I had my own but I think you can get a cable from the front desk. There is also a pulic computer near the front desk you can use for free.

I plan to stay here again.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 26, 2008

There was a time when the Inn on Maritime Bay (what the hotel was called before it was purchased by Best Western) was the best hotel in Manitowoc. That day has passed.

The rooms were small, and fairly clean. The towels were paper thin, as were the walls. But, the hotel was fairly empty when I was there, so it didn't matter much. The entire hotel smelled vaguely of cleaning solution. But, the bed was comfortable, and the staff very polite.

The hotel is situated right on Lake Michigan, which is great. Though the view from the small window in the room was pretty poor (mostly I saw the YMCA across the parking lot), there are running paths right outside the hotel that take you along the lakefront.

Overall, the hotel is pretty pricey for what you actually get. If it weren't for the prime location right on the lake, it wouldn't be worth the expense.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MPLSKevin
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We arrived in Manitowoc via the SS Badger from Michigan. We picked this property because it is the closest hotel to the dock. We were traveling with bikes but no car. We used the hotel shuttle when we arrived.

Upon arrival we discovered there was a problem with our guaranteed reservation. We reserved their king size suite for two days, two months prior to arrival. Unfortunately, this style of room had been overbooked. We were able to stay in the king size suite the first night but the second night we had to move to a lesser room. They pacified us with breakfast coupons to the hotel restaurant but I was still not happy. I understand mistakes happen though, so I tried to get past this significant problem.

Both rooms we had were very clean as was the hotel as a whole. The hotel has a great location right on Lake Michigan but there is no beach. The grounds surrounding the hotel are very nice. While I'm sure the hotel building was very nice at one time, the more we looked at it, the more we hoped a remodel is not too far away.

The hotel includes a pool, hot tub, and sauna. The first day, the pool was icy cold. A maintenance man was in the pool area when we arrived and he asked if we thought it was too cold. A short time later, a woman we perceived as being a manager checked the pool and we told her we thought it was unusually cold. She told us it was fine. Other guests came and went and the popular consensus was that the pool was too cold. Thankfully, the hot tub was available and felt great. We also tried to use the sauna but neither we nor other guests could get it to generate enough heat to go very far above room temperature. We did not bother bringing this to the hotel's attention. We decided the maintenance man was probably busy enough with more pressing issues. The second day, the pool was warmer but the sauna still did not work properly.

The hotel does not provide a continental breakfast. Each morning, we ate a full breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The meals were very good but not unusually special. It was the type of basic breakfast you would get at your favorite hometown family restaurant. The only difference is that here you get cloth napkins and table cloths.

Would we stay here again? Probably not. The mistakes with our reservation did not sit well with us at all. Plus, with the hotel in need of a remodel, I think we would be better off looking elsewhere. I originally picked this property because it was so close to the dock of the SS Badger. I later discovered in a travel guide the city of Manitowoc sent me that many area properties offer shuttle services. This include hotels in nearby Two Rivers (about 5 miles north up the Lake Michigan shoreline).

1  Thank pinnacle-project