“Best Western a good place to stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed July 6, 2008

Stayed here June 22 to wait for the car ferry across Lake Michigan. We had a free night with Best Western. Room was clean. Restaurant was fine. Staff were courteous and helpful. Nice view of the lake.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank thebandteacher

Reviewed October 25, 2007

My daughter and I spent one night here last weekend during a college visit trip to Wisconsin. I chose this property after reading reviews, and really wasn't quite sure what to expect.

The property is located on Lake Michigan, right next to the Wisconsin Maritime Museum, which is a definite must see!

When I walked into the lobby to check in, I walked into the middle of a wedding reception being held in the lobby....have to say that was a first for me! The front desk staff were very helpful, no glitches at all in the reservation, although it sure felt weird pushing the luggage trolley through a wedding reception to get to the glass elevater.

Our room was clean and delightfully quiet, not huge but plenty of space. Bathroom was smallish but very clean, and with a separate counter area just outside with the coffee maker. Nice.

The front desk had said I wouldn't be able to get wireless, and loaned me an ethernet cable, but I received their wireless signal just fine in my 2nd floor room.

Breakfast is not included, but their restaurant serves a good breakfast, not overpriced although not cheap. Service wasn't great for breakfast.

We ate supper at the hotel restaurant also, which overlooks the harbor and lake. Supper was excellent - great steak and my daughter loved the veggies - unusual! Service for supper was excellent.

When we got to our next hotel I realized I had left the power cord for my laptop at the Best Western. They were great, and overnighted it to my home so it arrived the day after I got home. What a relief!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank ruralartist
Reviewed October 8, 2007

Wonderful stay, huge room, and very well furnished. The staff was delightful, and very helpful to us. We arrived right before closing, and the restaurant served us cheerfully. The food is excellent, and the view is wonderful! A great place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ChefP
Reviewed May 29, 2007

The remodeling job that has been done at the hotel is wonderful. The staff was extremely outgoing and took care of me 100%. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2007

My 6 year old and I stayed here for 3 nights over Memorial Day weekend. The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. The hotel gave out coupons for complimentary drinks in the bar and for full breakfasts in the Boatyard Cafe (which has excellent views of the Lake). The room, also overlooking Lake Michigan, was clean and in good condition. The pool was a very decent size (and warm) and my daughter was so impressed it was difficult to get her out. From the pool you can see the SS Badger coming into port and docking. We visited the Maritime museum, and did the USS Cobia submarine tour. The water playgound had closed for the day, but the "museum lady" gave us tickets to return the following day (greatly appreciated). We also visited Lincoln Park and the zoo and admission was by donation (suggested $2 adults and $1kids). We had a great Daddy/Daughter weekend in Manitowoc.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank DrDWsafc
Reviewed September 26, 2006

Our room had exposed wires hanging out of the light in the bathroom. Nobody fixed them for the first day, so they put us in the "honey moon suite". This was just a bigger version of the small room we were in before. Staff was rude and uncaring. What a dump!

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled as a couple
5  Thank TrendyTraveler
Reviewed August 23, 2006

The hotel has been tastefully renovated. It is clean and located near the ferry, restaurants, and unique downtown shops. While not a spectacular place to stay, cleanliness, convenience and service were the major things. The waterfront views are a medium sized, angled window looking out at the water. There is currently construction along the shoreline, so the views were not the best, especially from the lower floors where we stayed. The long, narrow hallways and some old wood doorways gave evidence of an older hotel that's been renovated. We only ate breakfast there; it was good. The hotel and restauriant prices were fair. The building is impressive from the outside and the staff is helpful and friendly. I'd stay there again if we take the ferry again to Wisconsin.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
2  Thank Thelma53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Manitowoc
GrandStay Residential Suites Hotel - Sheboygan
Harbor Winds
Harbor Winds
#6 of 11 in Sheboygan

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront? Share your experiences!