“Host Hotel for Kites Over Lake Michigan”

Holiday Inn Manitowoc
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Host Hotel for Kites Over Lake Michigan”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

My second year in a row coming up for the annual Labor Day weekend Kites Over Lake Michigan festival. This hotel treats us great. Everything is kept very clean, service is excellent, staff is very friendly and the restaurant is great, as well. I would heartily recommend and look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
What a great event! We hope to see you next year- by then, our full-property renovation will be complete. Thanks for your patronage. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wataga, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for several years now during the long labor day weekend end and its always been a fine place to stay. the service is top notch and rooms are clean, the beds just rite. plan to stay there for many years to come.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hello - we appreciate the thoughtful review. We take pride in our customer service and quality of accommodations. See you again! Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management
Shawano
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The room was quiet, clean and they provided a refrigerator upon request. It was easy to get to off the highway and parking was well lit and there was enough room for all the cars. The staff was friendly and the restaurant was great. There are other restaurants close by as well.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. As you make mention of, we not only have a convenient location, but great service and accommodations as well. A full-property renovation will be complete in early 2014 that will only add to a great customer experience. Thanks for the review- Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 19, 2013

always had a good stay,in case any one wonders about frigs and microwaves in halls are for guests like me who request them.there aren't enough frigs and m icros for every room(yet),so they have to get moved around

Room Tip: atrium rooms on 2nd and third floor have nice balconies,if you an issue call,hotel staff will try to...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Sir - we appreciate the repeat business. As you make mention of, with our upcoming renovation, guest rooms will be equipped with refrigerators. All public areas, function space and sleeping rooms will be fully remodeled starting in the next couple weeks. We look forward with great anticipation to the unveiling of the "new" Holiday Inn Manitowoc. See you then! Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management
Downers Grove, Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2013

the staff at the hotel are always very hospitable and very helpful. The room is always comfortable and clean. I've had several one and two night stays over the last few months, and they always welcome me like an old friend.

Room Tip: I prefer the outside room (rather than one overlooking their inside atrium)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thanks for the comments. We look forward to welcoming you back! Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management
Chicago
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I travel a lot on business, and I judge hotels, as do most, on how clean are they, are the folks working there courteous without being annoying, does it feel safe, and finally, what are the amenities?

My stay at this Holiday Inn in Manitowoc, proved they were able to hit most of the marks.

I found the room to be acceptably clean, though the bed sheets were quite worn. The people were friendly and courteous. The hotel itself felt safe, I didn't worry about my car or my safety when outside.

As far as amenities, for a hotel in this area, I expect free parking, wifi, and some sort of breakfast. In this case, it felt as though I would have to spend less to get more. The parking and wifi were "complimentary" (though I did have an issue connecting - I'm sure it was a fluke), but breakfast was not. They tout their on-site restaurant, but seriously, I stay at many hotels that have on-site restaurants but still offer breakfast and even a manager's reception (Embassy Suites for instance). I wouldn't normally compare a Holiday Inn to Embassy Suites, but the Holiday Inn in Manitowoc charged me close to what I would typically pay for an Embassy Suite in a much larger city.

It was because of this, I set my expectations a bit higher. In all fairness, this was a weekend stay during a Packer home game. But the hotel did not appear to be close to capacity. In my opinion, the rate was $40 more than it should have been, excluding any consideration of breakfast.

Others have said this is a good, average hotel. And I agree. But knowing this, I would expect to pay a good, average rate.

Would I stay again? The people make this place more appealing than any other factor. I probably would stay again, but the rate would have to be more competitive to keep me from driving someplace else and staying at a newer hotel, with ammenities more in keeping with today's expectation. A 50 cent coupon for their coffee shop (I paid $11 for two coffees and two breakfast bars) when a Hampton Inn provides complimentary coffee and breakfast is laughable.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms overlooking the "atrium" are a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure what...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your comments - as you make mention of, we provide a clean, comfortable environment, and our staff is top-knotch. Thanks for the review. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management
MADISON
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here three nights for a business trip. The staff was extremely nice. I did not experience any issues or concerns at this time. It was cose to restaurants and within miles of stores, other restaurants and downtown. I will return here to this same place in two weeks. They have a nice fitness center, pool and whirlpool. They had a small coffee shop that served Starbucks coffee and a limited supply of stuff(apples, one kind of muffin, misc.) to buy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review. As you make mention of we are a full service property- next time make sure to enjoy our restaurant which offers a full menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We look forward to seeing you back! Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
Harbor Town Inn
Harbor Town Inn
#5 of 6 in Manitowoc

Been to Holiday Inn Manitowoc? Share your experiences!