“A haven found in the night.”

Holiday Inn Manitowoc
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My family had been on a business trip to the Upper Pennisula of Michigan when we received word that several inches of snow were on the way and we had to be in Chicago by the next afternoon. We hurriedly packed and checked out of the hotel we were staying in and started the trip through the night. I had no illusions that I would make it all the way to Chicago before the morning so planned to stop somewhere along the route.

The drive was significantly horrifying as we hit snow along Interstate-43 South as we reached Green Bay and then was faced with an almost-completely closed bridge. My wife had taken over the driving duties at that time and I am grateful to her State Trooper father for giving her the driving skills she needed.

After that we were both exhausted and knew we had to stop for what little remained of the night. Fortunately, we could see a Holiday Inn 45 miles later and stopped there. The receptionist was courteous and quickly found us a room and we carried our bags in and collapsed in a clean, well-made room. I had one of my best sleeps on the trip that night and found myself completely refreshed the next day and ready to finish my trip to Chicago and beyond afterwards. Thank you, Holiday Inn of Manitowoc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hello – I’m glad that Holiday Inn Manitowoc could come to your rescue! We’re there when roadside guests need to convenient and comfortable night’s stay. We hope to see you again under more pleasant circumstances – rest assured that we will provide the same courteous service and enjoyable accommodations. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Holiday Inn. The staff is friendly and helpful. Although it needs an upgrade, it is clean and comfortable. Always like that they have a bar and restaurant on the premises. It is located in a good spot with easy access to the interstate and to the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello Sir - we appreciate your repeat business. As you make mention of, our staff and accommodations make for a very pleasant stay. We will be undertaking a property-wide renovation later this year that will only add to a great experience. Thanks very much for staying with us. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had no choice, since I was on business. This hotel has no free breakfast, unheard of in this day and age of belgium waffles. Free wifi, but it was extremely sluggish, even for just email. Heat was next to impossible to regulate. It was either freezing or like a sauna. Good shower and good linens. My key card demagnetized every day. Very inconvenient. And of course it was my fault (not sure how). If it had been my call to make, I would have spent $50 (instead of $125) and stayed at the new Super 8 and not had to buy my own breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank carivt
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Hello – We’re glad to have the opportunity to address your concerns. As you make mention of, Holiday Inn Manitowoc is a full service hotel and we offer guests the benefit of an off-the-menu, sit-down restaurant. In case this doesn’t suite your needs, there is also a Starbucks coffee shop in the lobby providing lighter fare (do look for it next time.) As to the keycard and Wi-Fi, I’m not sure what happened with your particular circumstances, and I’m truly sorry for the inconvenience. Our staff tries to go the extra mile when things aren’t going right, and I would hope dealt with your problems in a courteous fashion. Regarding the heat, our heating units are regulated by an internal thermostat and kick on/off based on room temperature. If the unit was truly malfunctioning, our maintenance staff would have been glad to address the issue (or we would have happily moved you to another room) – next time just let us know! Again, thanks for the information, and just as an FYI, you might have noticed the design boards for our upcoming renovation on display in the lobby. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night because of a family function nearby. The king bedroom suite with an extra adjoining room suited our needs perfectly. We were able to share with my in laws and hang out after the kids went to bed. The pool was a little cooler than I would have liked but the kids didn't seem to mind. Checking in and out was very quick. The hotel is a little dated but clean. The only semi complaint I have was from the dining room. We waited several minutes to be seated and had to get someone from the coffee shop to help us. The food and service there was mediocre. My daughter's fresh fruit was not very fresh. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks for sharing your experiences at Holiday Inn Manitowoc. With 204 rooms, including a variety of suites, we are a great place for family gatherings. The hotel will be undergoing a full renovation this year as well, which will make for an even more enjoyable stay. Our apologies for your experience in the dining room; we'll certainly review our recent staffing and make sure that service and food quality are up to par. Thanks again for your patronage. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff at the Manitowoc is outstanding. They are friendly, patient an reasonable. Our group of 7 families which translated into 30 adults, adult children and children had a great experience for our 10th year in a row.

When we asked for something they were right there and friendly about it all. The rooms are nice a nice size, the water is hot and the towels are soft.

It does need new carpet and wallpaper. But that is in the works. Once done, it will be a lovely place. Right now it is still outstanding for its service.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Hello - thanks for taking time to pass along your experiences at Holiday Inn Manitowoc. As you make mention of, our staff are a great group of people that really strive to please. The upcoming full- property renovation will ensure that the physical condition of the hotel is just as top-knotch. We look forward to hosting your gathering again - next time at the "all new and improved" Holiday Inn Manitowoc. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Visited this Holiday and was greeted by a lady by the name of Patti. Not even clocked in this lady was on her game. Very personalbe and caring is how she came across. Very customer focused. We asked for a fridge and microwave which were upon request. Patti informed us we would have one the next morning as we had a later afternoon check in. My wife went out for a quick dinner. Upon returning to our room...viola!!! Fridge and Micorwave were already there. Not thats service!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thanks for your kind words! We hope to see you again.
Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Traveled to Manitowoc on business and it was recommended by my client to stay at the Holiday Inn. I looked at the Trip Advisor reviews online and was skeptical about booking because of the poor reviews. It sounded like I would be staying in a musty, run down, dirty place. I am pleased to say that those reviews were inaccurate! The hotel was spotless clean, service at the front desk was excellent and most importantly my room was super clean. The decor in the hotel is very out of style/date, but as it is clearly stated in the front lobby and on other TA reviews, this hotel will be undergoing major renovations in 2013.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HIManitowocDOS, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. As you make mention of, our overall upkeep is top-notch, and our staff is unfailingly professional and friendly. We hope to see you again, when you can take advantage of our upcoming renovation. Holiday Inn Manitowoc Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
#1 of 4 in Two Rivers
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to Holiday Inn Manitowoc? Share your experiences!