“A little worn, but serviceable.”

Holiday Inn Manitowoc
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Manitowoc
Reviewed May 5, 2011

For a town the size of Manitowoc, this hotel is rather large, with a huge interior atrium. When I checked in, the clerk on duty was very friendly and efficient. The room itself was clean and everything was in working order but obviously worn.

There was a newer large flat-screen TV but it had only a limited 30-ish channel selection and none of the programming was wide screen or hi-def. At least you could adjust the aspect ratio to get rid of the distorted stretched screen. The wireless Internet speed was outstanding and I could actually do work and even stream media if I wanted to.

The in-house restaurant/bar was rather ordinary and on one morning, the breakfast buffet did not even have eggs! They decided that some quiche blobs (which were cold) were the only egg dish you needed. Your only other dining choices in the immedate area is an Applebee's about a block away or several fast food chains.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
HImanitowoc, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Manitowoc, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2011

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Holiday Inn – Manitowoc. We are glad to hear that your check-in was efficient and you were happy with the front desk staff. We strive to maintain our award-winning service. The cleanliness of guest rooms is also a top priority of ours. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied as well with our high-speed wireless internet.

We are sorry to hear that the breakfast buffet did not meet your needs on the morning that you referenced. However, we also do offer a full breakfast menu in our restaurant as well as room service. There are also a few other restaurants in the area, some within walking distance of Holiday Inn.

We are excited to say that our hotel is due to undergo a major remodel in the coming year and are excited for the changes that will come!

Reviewed February 19, 2011

I stayed here for a night in January and got a room off of the atrium with a balcony. Room was spacious and comfortable. Accommodations were good. Staff seemed polite. I would go back here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2010

The staff is overly friendly and helpful and always have a smile. I was disappointed my room smelled like mold and there was water damge on wall and bubbled wall paper. The problem is obvious so I am amazed they have not taken care of the problem.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank luvWI
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Had a 2 night stay here for a training conference the first weekend of October. Our room was very nice, clean, and spacious. Couldn't have asked for better in this class of hotel or even 4*plus! As to the business part of it, they were exceptionally attentive to any needs we had to make our conference a success. Nice job folks!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank CueMeIn
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Where do I start. The day before arrival I called the hotel as my Husband is a Platinum rewards member about a free upgrade. I was assured that a Suite would be available. We arrived at the hotel the following evening only to find that the suite was not available, the check in lady was most unhelpful and really gave no explanation at all. Outside the hotel was crowded with smokers and the smell was filling the reception area (maybe a smoking area should be allocated away from the door area). The reception along with the rest of the public rooms is certainly in need of a referb! It looked and felt like an old peoples home! The rooms were of the same dated standard and the beds were so hard. Our room had no outside window and overlook the interior of the hotel. Personally I would have preferred to have had some natural light in the dull and dark room. On check out we were never once asked if we enjoyed our stay. Customer service is very lacking at this hotel, along with the drab decor its certainly not worth the money they are charging for the room. I will never consider staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank applestrudel
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I attended a 50th class reunion there Sat. Sept. 18, 2010. We were seated at 6 p.m. First they came around with cole slaw and gravy (no rolls). After they started to pass the water goblets and rolls. At around 7:15 we were given a platter of chicken (no sirloin tips, potatoes or veggies). Around 8 p.m. my friend went to the kitchen to complain. Finally got the rest of the food and finished eating around 8:30 (the singer hired was scheduled for 8 p.m. I am so glad that I opted to stay at the Comfort Inn next door ($20 cheaper even though our class had a block of rooms).

• Stayed: September 2010
2  Thank swinginggranny
Reviewed September 9, 2010

In town for a wedding, we chose this over all the cheaper hotels, thinking, "hey, it's a Holiday Inn, how bad can it be?" Answer: horribly bad. Our first room smelled like a wet blanket; it was extremely damp and mildewy. We complained, and a service guy arrived. After some time, we were told we could either vacate for a couple of hours (it was 10 p.m.) or move to a new room. We asked to be moved. The second room smelled nearly as bad, and it had two double beds, rather than the king we requested. By this time it was late, so we decided to stay. The next day we were out of our room from Noon to 10 p.m. and when we returned, our room had not been made up. We called the front desk. No apology, just an offer of needed toiletries and free breakfast coupons. We didn't get the coupons. The next morning, I explained what had happened. No apology. Just a shrug. In addition, the rooms themselves are dingy and outdated. This is a poor excuse for a Holiday Inn. I don't expect luxury, but I do expect clean and fresh. We were so eager to leave we got up at 5 a.m. and took off. Good riddance.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JTJB1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manitowoc
Baymont Inn & Suites Manitowoc Lakefront
#1 of 4 in Two Rivers
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 6 in Manitowoc
Holiday Inn Express Sheboygan - Kohler (I-43)

Been to Holiday Inn Manitowoc? Share your experiences!