“Great history but pricey”

Little Bohemia Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We took a trip here based on the history. The food was ok but $30 for 2 for a basic lunch for two ( only one soda and a water) was pretty ridiculous. The only reason they can charge that is because of the history which they are definitely milking. Our waitress took us on a quick tour of the "special" area which cost another $5 a person. I can see charging that if you don't eat there but if shouldn't be any extra when I just spent $30. She didn't know much of the history as i would have liked but she tried. While we were on the tour there was another waitress sitting in an empty dining room trying to rest in there because she said it was much quieter in there and she had such a long tiring day (we went for lunch) We enjoyed the history but it's not very northern wisconsiny to use such a great moment in history as such a gold mine.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

Historic gangster retreat. Fun to go to by water. Great for carry out food. Breakfast is great. Try to get a lakeview table.

1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Service was pleasant and decor is unusual but food very ordinary and pricy. I had a piece of sole and a baked potatoe wrapped in aluminum foil for $29. Seemed over priced.

1  Thank Pam H
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The days of when I was a kid and this place being the best have passed, unfortunately with new ownership. Beautiful setting, but the food is average...and the wait for bfast in the summer is, well, disappointing. (Walked out after waiting a half hour...head waitress/maitre d was not very friendly to her staff and it was obvious. She's no Emil W. Too bad. This place used to be great 30 years ago...

1  Thank mark w
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My family LOVES Little Bo! The food is very consistent. I am delighted with the "Old School" bean salad or cheese spread that comes to the table. The kitchen has always been able and willing to make small changes to the meal upon request. It is one of my husbands favorite fish fries!

We are not bothered by the "gangster" thing. I rather enjoy sharing the history to our newbie visitors. While I do agree, they should take down the Johnny Depp banner that hangs on the front of the building...You can't fault them...No staff members have ever pushed that angle on us. They are usually too busy.

On busy nights, I will say the the servers can feel rushed. But that is such an individual experience. Some people want a server who has the time to engage, others want their server simply to serve.

All in all, Little Bohemia is a lovely experience. Good food and warm atmosphere! I always love looking around and seeing the big tables, full of generations, enjoying themselves. If walls could talk, they would have a lot to say!

Thanks to the owners of this wonderful landmark, for your years of dedication and hard work!!!