“Great food”

Aurora Borealis Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Aurora Borealis is a casual fined inning restaurant in the Northwoods of Wisco with great bar food served late and breakfast with southwest style!
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Great food”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Aurora Borealis is our favorite restaurant in the northwoods (I used to say this about the Pine Barron, their predecessor in this location). We spend 2 - 3 months up north every year and go there regularly. Service is good, and the menu is very creative and all items seem cooked to order - not like some restaurants where I have the sense that they buy frozen entrees and have more microwaves in the kitchen than gas appliances. Their duck breast (cooked rare - medium rare) are excellent. I do wish they would upgrade the quality of their wins by the glass but what they pour is adequate.

• Visited June 2014

Littleton
“AWESOME food, HORRIBLE service”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have a vacation home in Manitowish Waters. We having been going to the Pine Baron / Aurora Borealis for years. I was happy with how nice the transition was with the new ownership. This place is one of our family favorites.

Your food is awesome and consistent. Last summer, however, your servers were HORRIBLE. I am a server, so I understand how critical good service is. We were there 3 times last summer and 3 strikes your out!

I respect how hard the work of owning a restaurant is. I won't list the ugly details of our experience. I write this in hopes the owners will read it. Your front of the house is not representing you well. Your menu is great. Your food is amazing. But we will be hard pressed to waste another night being treated badly.

Your servers don't seem understand their role in the business. I hope you don't bring back your staff next year. Rude, disinterested and slow (on a slow night) is not going to pack the house, at least not with repeat business. I don't care how good your food is, I will not bring my family to be treated poorly. Equally, I can be treated wonderfully, but won't come back if the food is bad.

In my opinion, your only competition is Little Bo and The Bear Bar. Front of the house and back of the house are equally consistent. I hope you make the staffing changes that keep you in the game. We don't want to scratch you off the list. Unfortunately, our experiences were so bad this summer, they have become a family joke.

I love Manitowish Waters, it is our home away from home. I love the restaurant industry. It is in my blood. I hope my critique was taken in that spirit . Some times you don't know until someone shines the light.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Susan B
Wausau, Wisconsin
“food is fantastic!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice atmosphere, great service, fantastic food. The food pictures are nice but the flavor is amazing! You won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013