“Labor Day weekend - This is NOT family campground - stay away!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndon Station
River Bay Campground & Marina
Chicago
“Labor Day weekend - This is NOT family campground - stay away!!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. This is not a family campground. The campground has a Bar which DOES NOT abide by the quiet times as they have Bands. If you into partying all night this is the place for you.

As for our stay, I was woken up each night by partying into 4 am as were other campers around us. We/I did advise the front desk and they said they would look into it. It kept going on to the point where I went to the site of the party and they ingored me indicating that they paid for the site. Another neighboring campsite complained to them also (2 adults-2 kids) and 2 of them went to there site and started SCREAMIN at her at 3am.

I have asked numerous times for Rhonda to call me back - she has not called as of today. I don't think she exists. I am calling Chula Vista today to complain to them as they promote there waterpark. This is TOTALLY UNEXCEPTABLE. I am also calling the local Chamber of Commerce to voice my concerns as it may be a dangerous place to camp!!! with all the drunk folks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank tzaak

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oconomowoc
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent labor day at the Campground in one of the rental units.
In the beginning when I made an online reservation for a less expensive rental unit, the email said my reservation was confirmed and someone would be contacting me. I didn't hear so I called. I was told "oh no, that unit was rented months ago" I then HAD to get a more expensive unit. Which was fine except the plastic on all the mattress's. I put a deposit down on the weekend and was told I could call and pay the balance at any time or it would be CASH upon arrival. I called the day before and the woman on the phone was so rude.. "No you can't do that, I am too busy you will have to pay cash." Ok, I understand she was busy. But then at check in it was the same person who didn't look you in the face, never smiled. The 25 cent showers were cold and weak. $2.50 for a 2 lb ice bag. The same unfriendly service upon check out, They couldn't care a less about our stay. In general very expensive and not worth the stay. Good thing the river was so beautiful. I believe We have stayed across the the river at another campground for half the price, more room and much friendlier service and where they don't demand cash. Shame on you River Bay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Deb G

Travelers are raving about these Lyndon Station hotels

North Prairie, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I contacted Rhonda back in March of this year to talk about planning a sort of "rally" for our club of jet ski enthusiasts. At that time, I figured on 20 or 30 people attending. By the time of our event, which was held June 1-3, it had grown to about 85 people, but Rhonda and her staff handled it perfectly. We were all well-fed, food was GREAT, and she made sure that all of our needs were taken care of. We even held a charity raffle, and the folks at River Bay made sure to have lots of tables set up. Overall, we couldn't have been happier, as this was our first time for such an event, and we are already making plans to return in 2013, except with even more people. Rhonda really went out of her way to ask questions and to suggest things to make our event as fun and successful as possible. She even surprised us with a cake on Saturday night. I should also say that we had lots of disucssions in advance, so Rhonda made sure we all knew how the cash/credit card thing worked with them - so there were no surprises. From reading some of the other reviews, I can see why some people didn't maybe get what they expected, but this campground served our needs very well. This is a great campground if you want CLOSE and EASY access to a boat launch (yes, it's $5 to launch, which is no big deal compared to what it costs to use a boat these days), but the launch is RIGHT THERE. Also, the bar is RIGHT THERE, and Karaoke is big there, so expect some noise. This isn't a "buried in the middle of nowhere" camping deal. It's much more of a boating/eating/drinking kinda fun place, and everything is close - so you don't have to walk far to get to anything - but you're gonna hear things going on. If that's your cup of tea, book a vacation here, and have a blast. If it's not, you won't be as please as our group was. We WILL be back next year, and for years to come...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Poolside1
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We really wanted a place to camp where we could access the upper Dells waterway with our boat. River Bay fit the bill perfectly. The owners are very friendly. The campground was clean. The pool is very nice. The bar is cool and a lot of fun. If that's not your thing, ask for a site away from it though because on the weekends it rolls till 2:30 in the morning. The dock to park the boat was well protected and I felt comfortable that if any weather had come up it would have been fine. Boating on the upper Dells is amazing! Lots of sand bars and the scenery from the boat is something very few experience or even know exists. We are on our way back for another 3 days. Left the boat behind this trip so we can take advantage of the free Chula Vista waterpark passes.

• Stayed June 2012
Burnett, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 3, 2012

After reading some of the reviews i was a little apprehensive BUT, we didn't have any of the problems the others had. We had 2 campsites for RV's that half of my family stayed in and got the 3 bedroom Cabin which was very spacious compared to others. It had a nice yard with a fire pit and deck with picnic table. Our family gathered for breakfasts and dinner having plenty of room for our 9 grandchildren to play. Our Children and their families loved the playground and pool area. It was close to the Dells with easy access. As for the cash thing the other reviews wrote about....we didn't have any of that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Joyce T
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I could write a book on all the issues that happened. Rude owners, specificly Rhonda! Very unorganized, very unprofessional and was given the impression that this place is run very shady. Cash for everything, gratuity charged on everything because, I quote, "that is how we pay our employees". Gratuity is expected on food and beverage, not reception areas. We were charged $4 per can of beer during the wedding because we were told 1/2 barrells were not available. Come to find out..afterwards, that we could have had 1/2 barrells. Due to unorganized planning, our bride was in tears due to things not being taken care of. Staff members were in the buffet line before 3/4 of the reception guests ate. Was told leftover food would be put out later. Nothing put out. Depending who you asked, there was food left or there wasnt food. Bartendars, said there was food, Rhonda said there wasnt food left. OHHHH this is just a couple of the issues....there are so many more. When we tried to talk to Rhonda to get some answers and resolutions, she was rude and disrespectful. When on the phone, she continues to put you on hold and when you try to talk to her in person, she walks away from you multiple time to talk to other people. I can go on and on, but all I can say, is DONT BOOK A WEDDING HERE IF WANT TO HAVE HAPPY MEMORIES OF YOUR DAY!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank gemigirl32
La Crescent, Minnesota
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Beware. Cash only but will charge credit to reserve. Garbage piled to waist near pool and gameroom. Smells as good as you would imagine. EXPENSIVE for nothing. Chula is not great, go to Noah's Ark for a cheaper more fun park. RUDE ladies at desk!!! Tent on site next door was 2 inches from ours!!! I am not exaggerating! Go anywhere else!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else