“There are much better places to stay!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lyndon Station
Crockett's Resort Camping
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Our family had a seasonal campsite at Crockett's Resort for many years. When we first came to the campground, we thought that we were at the bottom of a good thing since Ho-Chunk owns the campground. WRONG! We stayed with the campground thru all the management issues that the campground had. The current managers--John and Nancy--were seasonal campers that took over the management position. They have nothing better to do then to sit in the store or on the front porch and gossip and complain about other campers/seasonals and Ho-Chunk. They tell other seasonals who has paid their bills and who hasn't. It's no one else's business! I have always paid my bills on time and followed the rules of the campground so I don't care to hear this. Let's start thinking about why people avoid the store. I agree with the fact that John and Nancy will be your best friend when you first move in and from then on, it's down hill.

The cleanliness of the campground leaves little to be desired. The bathrooms are always a mess. You could go a whole weekend and never see John or Nancy stop in to check on them. The pool area is a disgrace. There are weeds coming thru the cracks in the concrete. The pool always has scum on the bottom and you never smell chlorine. The patio furniture looks like Culver's regects. Before managing the campground, John and Nancy always complained about the weeds around the "gate house" at the entrance of the campground. Since John and Nancy have managed the campground, the weeds around the gate house are just as overgrown as always. The canoes and paddle boats and old and nasty. I agree with the pot holes on the roads. Crockett's did not put in the new road up to the boat launch, nor did they put in the boat launch. The DNR did that. It is now a public road and a public boat launch. Don't be fooled. John has always complained about keeping up with the mowing. Plan your time accordingly and the mowing would not be such an issue. There is always garbage, cans, etc. on the sides of the road.

One person responded that there are plenty of activities if you care to participate. Yeah right!!! They have activities only on holiday weekends and it's always the same karaoke group--Brothers Rock. We learned to accept to come up with our own entertainment.

The electrical is outdated and old. You can't keep food in your freezers because the power goes out weekly. The funny thing is, that if we were up for the weekend, the power never went out unless there was a horrible storm. We could leave on a Sunday and come back on a Friday and our clocks would be blinking and there weren't any storms durning the week...Hmmmm??? This was almost on a weekly basis. Also, the cabins are disgusting! A little power washing would do them some good.

The only reason that we stayed so long is because of the size of the campground, the size of the sites and the golf cart trails.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank 2012RoadGlide

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We are seasonal campers at Crocketts and LOVE IT! The roads and boat launch have been redone and they redid the bathrooms and are working on the main deck at the lodge.
Managment is WONDERFUL as long as you obey the rules and pay your bills. They work hard and are truly dedicated this campground considering they do not own it.
We plan on being seasonals for as long as this managment stays and the next management is just a friendly and keeps things undercontrol.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Doreen V
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We have been seasonals for 4 years now, and can't wait to move our trailer to a new campground. We have had nothing but problems with the management and we refuse to deal with ignorant people anymore. For 2 years we couldn't even get access to the boat launch and the parks were horrible for the kids. If you want to go to a campground where everyone in the whole campground knows all of your business, then go here. I would definitely not recommend this campground to anyone!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank adams l
Reviewed July 26, 2011

the campsite is a buetiful secluded country setting, the people are nice, The only problem is the rules should apply for all not just a few here and there. The small lake is buetiful, the paddle boats, mini golf and canoe's are reasanably priced, it sits on the buetiful Wisconsin river.We can take our personal golf cart on the trails, and enjoy nature. The pool and bathrooms have been upgraded. The Sesonal campsites are vary personalized and spacious. Lots of weekend activities if you would like to attend. Camp store has plenty of minamal supplys. The staff is friendly but seems to become more impersonal as years go by. Your stay will be vary rewarding and you will have a good time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Brenda_Seitz
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The parks are clean, well maintained and the grass is mowed. My kids really enjoy it here. The pool is clean, warm and AMAZING in the summer. My favorite part about this location is how you can grab your golf cart and go exploring on the vast trails and see REAL NATURE. Most camp grounds have people crammed in there so tight you cant fart without offending your neighbor, but here we were able to put in a deck for our trailer and we still have ample room for the campfire site and all the other dirt based fun. I'm a real Outdoors-man, but my wife is a city girl. This campground has things for BOTH archetypes. I get my trails, starlit nights and deer walking through the site, she gets her pool, convenience store, running water and electricity.

Its also immediately adjacent to State land which is good for hunting or, grabbing a sleeping bag, heading to the old Boy Scout Camp in the woods and roughing it for a night with my boy.

My ONE and SINGLE complaint:
They don't have any kind of severe weather shelter. Wisconsin has a lot of Tornadoes (Especially Lately) and every time a major storm rolls through I am worried about the family. They have the equipment to dig a few shelters and put in a siren. Heck, I would even help! I have worked in Disaster Management for YEARS and a simple earth dome shelter costs next to nothing to build. It would be serious peace of mind and would bring this rating to a 5. I LOVE Crocket's Resort!

Room Tip: If your'e a wimp, ask for one of the cabins.