“Lost Reservation and Terrible Customer Service!!!”
Review of Luck Country Inn

Luck Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Luck
Webster, Wisconsin
“Lost Reservation and Terrible Customer Service!!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked a room online through Expedia and reserved a room with a credit card. The front desk worker pulled up my reservation, but when I arrived to stay for a wedding, no rooms were available. She blamed the website and when we decided to just stay with a family member, she proceeded to try to charge us for having more than 2 people in the room. Terrible customer service and not helpful at all regardless of whose fault the reservation mix-up was. The two other parties we were with also booked online and were charged about $20 more than the original reservation price. The front desk person was rude and argumentative instead of trying to get the situation figured out. The rooms are mediocre and I am surprised they charge what they do for this old hotel. One thing we were looking forward to was going in the pool in the morning, but it doesn't even open until 9:30 which is ridiculous considering we are early risers and would have loved a dip in the hot tub before we had to get on the road. Very disappointing experience and we definitely wouldn't stay here again, we would drive the extra 20 minutes to stay down in Saint Croix Falls or another close town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lake Tomahawk, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Enjoyed my two recent stays at the Luck Country Inn. Friendly front desk staff and comfortable rooms with good value, especially for a business traveler! Oakwood Inn, attached to Inn makes dining simple. Wonderful breakfasts! Miss having my own coffee maker in the room and having to go to the Lobby to get it, but just a minor inconvenience. Nice pool and hot tub! I recommend this Inn for comfortable stays at reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool level are nice for families with children wanting to use the pool. Connecting roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Diane H
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed her while we were helping my Daughter, Son in Law and grandson find a home nearby as my son in law works in Frederic and they currently live in Webster. My grandson, who is 10 months old, of course got tired around 1:00 on the first day. We were about 5 miles from the hotel so I said I would drive him to the hotel and just sit in the lobby with him. The hotel people let me check in early so he could rest which was great. The restaurant next to the hotel had great food too. My husband and I sat in the hot tub at night and just enjoyed the stay. It is a very quiet place and very clean. It was good to relax and get ready for next day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank sandy s
Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed March 26, 2013

our room was perfectly clean and considering it was 10 feet from the pool area amazingly quiet. No kids running up and down the hall at midnight. yea! The breakfast at the adjoining restaurant was a nice surprise also.I had the Eggs Benadict and it was made with a huge slice of country style ham instead of canadian bacon.Awesome!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Phil F
Joliette, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stopped here before take a load (antique snowmobile at luck village ) and I have been surprise of quality of this establishement , this is very quiet and clean place to stay , I recommand this hotel.

Martin Forget Joliette Quebec Canada

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Stopped up from the cities great location little over a very pleasant hour away. Called ahead Brenda Lee set up our reservation even had a chance to talk with the owner, says she wants to be a doctor. Had a pool side double queen well appointed and really clean. Pool Hot tub very clean. Wished they had little refrig in the room something to keep the beer, cheese and pop cold. This motel is a gem in the heart of Luck, WI.

Room Tip: Call ahead Brenda Lee enjoys negotiating.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank surestop
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here two nights on a business trip (yes, there are businesses in Luck) in the heart of winter. It was very quiet during the week and the building itself looks a bit old, but beyond appearances, there wasn't much off about the place. The manager was professional and although I had to summon him with a cordless phone unit, he was prompt and helpful. The room was warm as soon as I walked in, the wifi was free and capable, and I got my uninterrupted sleep. The hotel's attached diner is tiny, but served good food.

Overall, I've stayed in nicer hotels (Holiday Inn Express :D), but the quality of my stay at the country inn far surpassed what I'd been expecting. I plan to stay here again next year.

Room Tip: Pool is open until 10:30, so you may want to avoid a poolside room if you hate laughing children.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luck
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Valley
Holiday Inn Express St. Croix Va...
#1 of 2 in Saint Croix Falls
The Lodge at Crooked Lake
Cumberland Inn & Suites
Cumberland Inn & Suites
#2 of 2 in Cumberland

Been to Luck Country Inn? Share your experiences!