“30 years of travel and I have never been so disgusted!”

Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira
Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lomira
Reviewed September 2, 2009

I am normally quite the happy traveler, but this ws the most horrific experience I have ever had! I was in Lomira for a wedding at the beautiful Camelot Country Club and stayed here because of the location to the event. The hotel owners were rude from the start. They harrassed me about how many people would be staying in my room, I kept telling them over and over that it was just me, but that if any of my extended family wanted to enjoy room 121 with me, than great. They acknowledge that the room had 2 double beds and that their is no charge for children or spouses, so I had a couple of extended family members children stay with me. The owners kept stalking the halls and whenever we would exit our rooms to go visit with other relatives staying there, we were told to go to our room and go to sleep, because they do not want noise. They accused me of drinking and I do not drink!!!!!!!!!!!! I stayed 2 nights and they left my room dirty and told me I can't have clean towels or shampoo for my 2nd night stay. I had no toliet paper and they were irrate with me for asking for some! And after checking out and paying for my 2 night stay, I got home to see charges on my credit card for 2 more nights. I called and the female owner told me I was charged because I held the room with my credit card and I did not show up! ?? I told her I was there and she kept insisting NO she will not refund the money. I travel very frequently for pleasure and business and I have never experience such rude treatment and stealing of my hard earned money. Please DO NOT stay here!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank sadfrommystay
SKBURMAN, Manager at Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2010

We were just trying to make sure there was no disturbance in the night and other guests who were not part of any wedding that night, could sleep comfortably for the money the paid for. We treat our all guests with respect.

There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira

Reviewed August 31, 2009

To any who is looking to stay @ this hotel, think again. This is an absolute disater. Not only did the manager/owner harass my sister-in-law but also harassed my teenage son for staying @ the hotel in the room while we attended a wedding ceremony. They also told we could not be loud after 9 p.m. They said no more then four people could be in a room @ a time even during the day to sit and talk. The manager/owner told my sister it was 10p.m. and that she had to go to bed or he was going to call 911! My cousin was married and had his reception down the road, but it would be well worth the ride to go somewhere else then go through the hell they put us through. Anything we asked for they complained or threatened to call 911!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

My wife and I booked at a room at Country Hearth thinking that it would be a quaint get away. There was a wedding in town, and we needed a place to stay for one night. We had some extra money, and we hadn't gone to a hotel for a long time, so we booked the whirlpool suite. When we got to the hotel to check-in we were not greeted with warm hospitality, we were greeted by someone who could have cared less if were there or not. However, we were just excited for the whirlpool. We got into the room, started up the whirlpool, got in, and discovered black flecks coming from the jets. We were disgusted and got out, but we failed to tell management about this event. Stupid us. A few days after we checked out I got a call from Country Hearth saying that we were being charged extra for smoking in a non-smoking room. I couldn't believe this. My wife and I do not smoke. I tried to explain this to the managment, but they responded with, "We will not refund the extra charge." The man was so rude to me. They claim that the little black flecks, that my wife and I discovered, were cigarette ashes. Why would I choose a non-smoking room if we planned on smoking in there? My suggestion to you dear traveler, stay away from Country Hearth Inn Lomira. There rooms are overpriced and there service is unacceptable.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Stayed at this hotel many times befor it was changed from Amerihost to Country Hearth. Never had a bad time before. This time was totaly different. We stayed here for a company outting. The room we requested through work was alreay booked, not bad if it was someone who I worked with. Then the pool and hot tub area was filthy. Tiles falling off, mildew on the side of the hot tub, ladder was broke with a piece of paper on it saying "Broke", used band aids laying all over. The pool was not cleaned out at night. The next day there was dirt on the bottome of the pool, and all of the dirty band aids were still there.
Our room was good untill we stepped out on the patio over looking the pool. There were dired moldy pieces of cheese on the patio floor,
I will never stay here again unless it changes hands.

• Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank Bmargo81
Reviewed August 6, 2008

The individual who runs this hotel has no concept of properly running a hotel. Constantly harassing the guests about perceived noise in rooms and pool behavior. He berated guests about being too loud while bringing their belongings into rooms because doors were being opened and closed too loudly. He claimed guests playing cards in the lobby were too loud. He kicked children out of the pool area for jumping into the pool, not diving, but jumping into the pool. He would walk by rooms and berate guests for being to loud in their rooms without complaints from other guests. The hotel itself had an odor in the hallways, smelled musty or like cigarette smoke. The pool and hot tub have many tiles missing that have not been replaced. In short, this guy has no concept how to treat a guest and the worst part is that he is always there. There is no break from him and he makes it very uncomfortable for the guests because of his behavior.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank EastTroyTrojan
Reviewed August 4, 2008

If you have a family, you do not want to stay in this hotel. The general manager does not allow noise! We stayed there while playing in a baseball tournament and our group was told that yelling, splashing, and jumping in the pool were not allowed. We were told that we needed to be in our rooms by 10:30 and quiet! They also tried to charge my family twice for one of the nights. We paid cash our first night and secured our 2nd night against our credit card. When checking in the first night, they needed to see our card again and we thought that we were paying for the 2nd night right away. The next day we were locked out of our room and when my husband went to find out why, we were told that we did not pay for the room. We had to give our credit card and again and then were told it was declined. My husband called the card company and found out that the hotel had already CHARGED our card for the room. They hadn't secured it, they charged it! When we went to the front desk to straighten it out, we didn't even get an apology. The front desk person was very rude to us. It was like it was our fault that we didn't just pay again for the room, but instead pointed out their mistake. When we checked out, they added a charge on to our bill for the room safe. Granted it was only a $1 a night, but we never asked for a safe. They are in all the rooms and we never used ours, but we were charged for it. We stayed at this hotel while our sons played in the American Legion Wisconsin state baseball tournament. When our team received the paperwork about hotels, the host Legion Post made arrangements in West Bend and Hartford for hotels. After staying at the Country Hearth Inn & Suites in Lomira, the host town, we understand WHY the Lomira Legion DID NOT support this particular local business.

• Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank liveforbaseball

I would like to just point out to group travellers that they should always consider other guests who are not part of their group, this is specially important in the night. Regardless, whether they stay at Conuntry Hearth or any other hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2008

The hotel is smelly and the manager is rude. The place does not
honor Amerihost policies. When informing the manager regarding our dissatisfaction, he stated that he only cares about customer satisfaction when he needs to care....meaning only when its about money.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Country Hearth belongs to a different franchise and not part of the same chain as Amerihost Inn. So no quesiton of honoring Amerihost policies. This is like asking MCdonald's to honor Burger King policies!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lomira
The Audubon Inn
Hampton Inn Fond du Lac
Hampton Inn Fond du Lac
#1 of 14 in Fond du Lac
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fond du Lac

Been to Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira? Share your experiences!