“Nothing to complain about, great experience!” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lomira
Campbellsport, Wisconsin
“Nothing to complain about, great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and many guests for my wedding stayed at least one night, if not two. The hotel staff was very accommodating to my husband and me, as well as our guests. The pool and hot tub were used by our guests and no one had any complaints. My husband and I were in the whirlpool suite which was clean, comfortable and quiet. The continental breakfast is standard but expected since it is a continental breakfast and when compared to other hotels, has the same offerings. This hotel is very close to where our reception was held and has many restaurants surrounding it or close by so it was very convenient for everyone. The guests who stayed gave no negative comments. Granted its not a Hilton, just a small hotel in a small town but it's clean, quiet and comfortable. It met the expectations of what we needed it to be.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall are away from the breakfast area , pool and hot tub so they are very qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kimberly S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Booked rooms for the Tough Mudder held in Oshkosh. Suri, the manager was very nice when booking the rooms a week prior and when we checked in on Friday September 6, 2013. One of the rooms was for a two night stay. On Saturday, the day of the race Ronni called the one of the rooms requesting that we move because she had a family coming in and they needed our adjoining room for their family. We refused as we were rushing out the door for the race. Ronni persisted and said they needed the rooms for a family with children and continued to pressure the person answering the phone. There was no offer of a discounted room for our inconvenience. Upon further persistence Ronni said that they would put us in a room with a jacuzzi. This was an extremely low budget hotel so their idea of an upgrade was nothing more than a average hotel room in a Marriott or Radisson Hotel. We needed to remove our property immediately and we could not put our belongings in a new room until after 3. So basically, we had to repack, put our stuff in our car and then come back after 3. The person answereing the phone initially agreed but I did not agree to their ridiculous request and notified the front desk immediately of my decision. Ronni told me it was too late and that she already told the other party that the room was available. I told her that I did not want to change the room and wanted to be charged for only one night as I no longer wanted to stay a second night in their hotel. She proceeded to tell me, the renter of the room, that she did not know how to do a credit and that she only manages the front desk. The key to all of this mess is that the person she requested the room change from was not the person that rented the room, that being me, nor was it the person that paid for the room. The person that answered the phone was simply a guest staying in one of the rooms I booked. He had no authority to make this decision as the contract which we signed for the two night stay was signed by another party that being the paying party. His name was not noted on the reservation list. He was not asked if he was the person who booked or paid for the hotel stay. Basically, he had NO AUTHORITY to make this decision. Suri, the manager finally called me directly and was extremely rude and hung up on me. We contacted the credit card company that was used for the charge and was advised that Ronni was not helpful and would not agree to talk to us to resolve this matter. LONG STORY SHORT. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. THEY ARE NICE AND HELPFUL UNTIL THEY GET YOUR MONEY. WE ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE TIME WE STAYED AND NOT LOOKING FOR A FREEBIE. SURI AND RONNI ARE RUDE AND THE STAFF IS NOT TRAINED PROPERLY IN THE RUNNING OF A BUSINESS. BESIDES ALL OF THIS, THE HOTEL IS OLD, THE PILLOWS IF YOU CAN CALL THEM THAT ARE HORRIBLE AND THE BED IS TERRIBLE. THEIR IDEA OF A FREE BREAKFAST IS A FEW BOXES OF CEREAL, SOME OLD FRUIT AND CHEAP BAGELS. LOW BUDGET OR NOT YOU SAVE NOTHING BY STAYING. IF YOU WANT A BAD NIGHTS SLEEP, AN AWFUL BREAKFAST AND A RUDE AND SNOTTY ATTITUDE TO BOOT THEN THIS IS THE HOTEL FOR YOU!! I GAVE 1 STAR BECAUSE I HAD NO CHOICE!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cindy B

Travelers are raving about these Lomira hotels

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I stayed here for an out of town wedding. Prior to staying here I heard some negatives things about the hotel from looking online so I was a little nervous, but there was nothing bad to say about this hotel. It did the job just fine for its purpose. I really am not sure what everyone else is complaining about. It certainly is not a 5 star hotel but it wasn’t dirty. It is simply just a place to sleep. It is the only hotel in the area. Some rooms have a mini fridge and microwave. Ours didn’t – it would have been nice if it did but we were mainly only in the room to sleep so it wasn’t a big deal. It is right across from a McDonald’s so it was easy to get food after the wedding without having to drive around looking for somewhere. The only downside was the walls must be pretty thin because we were woken up way earlier than we wanted to get up from hearing the maids clean the other rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leanne S
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

My Wife and I were traveling to Fond du lac from Georgia and arrived after 2AM. Although we called to confirm our reservation 2 hours in advance of our arrival, the AC was turned off and the room was hot and smelled of smoke. Since we arrived so late, we asked for a late checkout. We put the "Do not disturb" sign on the door knob. The next morning (Sunday) a very difficult to understand maid was hammering on our door ahead of the normal checkout time of 11. After I explained that we had arrived in the early morning hours and requested a late checkout, the maid still insisted that the checkout time was 11AM. When I mentioned this altercation to the daytime manager, at checkout, she first argued that the maid had the right to do this and then said that she would talk to her about this. We stayed at this hotel because of the highly rated reviews. There was nothing above average about anything at this hotel. I am always skeptical of glowing reviews, wondering "who is the real author?" of those reviews. I am even more skeptical now.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Mike C
SKBURMAN, Manager at Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We disagree with the guest comments. The so called guest checked in after 2 am. This guest never asked for a late check out until one of the maids went to clean his room and woke him up! The check-out was 11 am and the guest neither requested a late check out nor he came to check out. Just becasue the guest checked in at 2am does not automatically give him a late check out. The late checkout has to be requested in advance and depending on the hotel occupancy, we either allow or disallow. The guest is upset because he came late and expected the hotel to give him late check out automatically. As a matter of fact, we were nice enough to give him late check out until noon. Most of the time, we accommodate guest requests for late check outs. We aslo would like to state that no staff was ever rude to this guest.

Thanks
Manager
Orange County, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ended up staying here for 4 nights right before Xmas due to it was closest to where I was working on a project that I had to keep going back to at odd hours. The rooms were clean and that was about the only item going for it. The furniture and linens are getting worn and the windows leaded air like crazy (and it was below freezing most of that week) I had to use some Scotch tape to seal up the seams to make it livable in there. (Scotch tape I’ve found to be an indispensible add on to my travel kit, I’ve had to use it more than once to seal up doors or windows)Like I mentioned in the heading, not much more than a Motel 6, and actually I’ve been in some nicer Motel 6’s.

I did inquire about the pool as there is nothing to do around that area (and very few food choices to boot) and thought I try to use the gym or the pool. The owner’s wife mentioned the heater is broken and it doesn’t look like they plan to fix it, gym equipment was awful and they kept everything locked up & unlit.

The breakfast buffet was downright sad to the point you really didn’t want to try anything. Thankfully there is a McDonald’s and a family restaurant right across the street. All this for only $98.00 a night! If we could of moved we would of. This place still keeps popping into my thoughts even after 4 months, basically you can tell the owners are just scraping by and from the area you can see why.

We ended up driving to Fond Du Lac for lunch and dinner on most days, which is only about 10 minutes away. Strongly suggest staying that direction, there is a Hilton GI and some other choices on the way into Fond Du Lac. You’ll be much happier.

Room Tip: Stay near Fond Du Lac instead
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for about 8 days.. All of which I could never actually get ahold of the manager himself, either that or he told me he wasnt the manager..But he was always there. Was told the reason the pool water is freezing is because its cold out side and the ceilings are to high to keep heat in. That was just an excuse, because they dont even turn the heat on in the pool room to save money.. So the air in there is freezing in the winter.. Also Hot tub is out of order.. I first stayed in the Jacuzzi room.. however after filling the tub up.. the tub would not turn on grrrrr.. went to complain to management and asked for a different room or a refund.. and was told once I was in the room I could not change it or get my money back.. These people are just nuts.. and judging by all the negative comments on here, this hotel is not going to be in business very much longer.. I STRONGLY Urge paying cash for your room if you have to stay here so they cant charge you for something you did not agree to.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank NIcholas T
SKBURMAN, Manager at Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Simple Question to the guest: If this guest did not like the hotel what made him to stay here for eight days? There are other hotels he could have gone to, but he did not. Let me explain why he did not check out and go to a different hotel. The key thing he was unhappy about was that we did not buy his advertisement trade-in deal!! He wanted to sell his advertisement for a 10-day stay in our hotel and we declined his offer nicely but we did agree to give him a “very” discounted rate. He always had a grudge against us as we noticed many times as he talked rudely to the front desk staff. We continued to give him a professional service and treat him like a regular guest. His comments are not true and he is not being honest. He was not a nice guest in our property, here are the following reasons:
1.He did not stay continuously. He would check out and check back in next day or day after. He would often try to ask for a late check out (2pm) and early check-in (as early as 2 am or 4am in the morning!) in a desperate attempt to stay for free!! using his cheap salesmanship tricks.

2.We told him upfront that spa heater was not functional and the discounted rate compensates for that. That’s why in the beginning of his stay he rented a suite. He used the jacuzzie nicely, used the suite for couple of hrs. He comes to the front desk looking for a different room with double bed because he had a friend to join him??? We told him he will have to pay for this change and he did not agree.

3.He calls himself a sales person! He never respected the property. He would throw tissue, coffee caps, soda cans, soap pieces etc. on the carpet! He should first know the meaning of “selling”. This is abuse of the property, but we put up with his stay.

4.Couple of times, he booked a room for a single person and then would come with a party of 4-5 people! And that without informing us.

5.He would have different people call front desk and look for military rate, government rate, AAA rate etc. He was doing this even though we had given him very discounted rate.

After all this, he called to book a room at government rate, We refused to rent a room to this guest. We are almost positive, wherever he goes He first tries to trade his ad for rooms (nothing wrong!) but he must understand that the hotel is not obligated to buy his ad! and he should not try to Take revenge by posting an incorrect review. This is just a misuse of our beautiful system we are in. If he does not change his attitude and does his business honestly with ethics, the day is not very far when he will have hard time finding an accommodation and that too at a discounted rate!

Hotel Management
Eagle River
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We haad stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago and it was nasty. Dirty and outdated. It has very much been improved since that time. My husband and our little terrier stayed there this time as it was the only hotel close to all of our kids. We wanted to make it easy for them to get to use. This place has been upgraded and it is now very clean and the furniture is much nicer. the breakfast could stand a little more on the menu but all in all it was exceptable. The pool and whirlpool was very nice and clean also. We very much enjoyed our stay and will return. Staff and Suri Burman the Generl Manager were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: The end rooms by the back of the hotel are great for those of us with pets. They have a very nice wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LiaTerrier
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lomira
The Audubon Inn
#3 of 4 in West Bend
AmericInn Hotel & Suites Waupun
Hampton Inn & Suites West Bend
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, West Bend

Been to Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira? Share your experiences!