“Definitely NOT impressed!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lomira
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Definitely NOT impressed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

First off I want to say that the two (only two) staff members that worked during our stay were GREAT! (The owners went out of town the day after we checked in) The front desk clerks, Amy and Wendy, did everything they could to help accommodate us with the conditions at the hotel. With that said, here are our experiences...

We stayed at this facility for the first time back in April 2011 for 5 days as we were visiting the area for a family members wedding. When we arrived, we were told that the pool was not heated due to problems with the heater. The pool was like ice and the kids were unable to use it, but the hot tub was in working order so at least we could relax in the evenings. Although this was disappointing, we were perfectly understanding of this issue as we know things break unexpectedly and it may take some time for repairs. Most everything else during that stay was average as far as ratings. So, we decided to give the place another try as we traveled to this area again to visit family over the holidays from Dec. 27th, 2011-Jan. 2nd 2012 . One week before our trip, we called and asked if the pool was heated (seeing last trip is was not), and the owner responded that it was working correctly and will be warm when we arrive. With 3 children, having the pool open and able to be used is very important to us. When we arrived, the owners wife checked us in and stated that the pool had been drained the day before and that it would be heated to 80 degrees by the next day...that was false. The pool was only warm enough to TRY to get in on the LAST day of our stay. Even though the pool water was somewhat warm on the last day, the pool room was 51 degrees! Who can swim with temperatures that cold? This isn't a POLAR PLUNGE!! When I talked to the owner about this issue, she stated that the pool room can not be heated due to the high celings. That's also false. Only 1 out of 4 heaters worked in the pool room, that's why it wouldn't heat! (These same 4 heaters were broken 8 months prior when we stayed) The owners had the employees turn all heat off as soon as a guest would leave the room. If all 4 heaters would have been on, the room would have been at a comfortable temp.The hot tub was missing ALL the tiles that would normally line the top. The hot tub turned a yellowish-green color by about the 3rd day. The owner said it was from our children "peeing" in it. That is false. We have pools and hot tubs with our rental properties and we know that a hot tub will not do that if it is maintained properly with the correct chlorine or bromine and PH levels...That is just a sign that NO ONE is properly maintaining the chemicals! This is something that professionals should take care of. So the hot tub was also out of order 2 out of the 5 days we were there. I saw one of the front desk clerks pouring a "shock" treatment to the hot tub to try to stabilize the water issues. The owner stated that they do not add chemicals to the top of the water, they are added from in the pump room...so just another lie from her as I physically saw her employee pouring it in.

Other issues:
-The lobby heat was off EVERY day when we would come up to eat the "Continental" breakfast. Who wants to eat when the room is below 60 degrees? I know it is Wisconsin, but that temperature was ridiculously cold for a lobby/breakfast area!
-Most all the heaters in the entrances were turned off and unplugged, making the entrances and hallways ICE cold! It was like you were walking outside when you stepped out of your room!
-The room was VERY clean, as it was during our last stay, but it needed some repairs. The sink drain was partially clogged and would drain very slowly. The bathroom door handle was broken and would not lock.
-The room "keys" (credit card looking keys) quit working on 2 different days, leaving someone stuck outside the building or not able to get into the room.The first day it took front desk clerk 5 times back and forth to our room to fix the issue.
-During our stay it snowed, which is expected in the north. The parking lot and sidewalks were not cleared of the snow until the 3rd day. Even then, they just scraped the snow in the parking lot and did not salt. This just left behind an ICY mess which lasted until the day we checked out. It was dangerous to walk and drive. We were told that it "Costs them $500 to salt the parking lot". I guess guest safety is not a priority for them. ALL other parking lots that were within walking distance of the motel had been properly scraped and salted and were safe to walk and drive on.

With all that said, we will not be staying at this location in the future. Even though it is the most convenient spot to stay in reference to where our family lives, we will find another facility that is about pleasing the customer, and not trying to skimp out just to save a few bucks! We would rather spend the extra time and money staying somewhere that is maintained and that is comfortable (temperature wise) for our duration at the facility.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank BMS1212

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE!!! We wish we would have read the ratings first if we did we would have stayed in Fon du Lac and made the drive!! This was the dump that was reserved for a wedding we attended in the area on 08/27/2011. When we booked the room a few weeks earlier we we told the motel had a pool and a working spa. When we arrived to check in we saw that the spa was empty and we were told it had been broken for some time. We were lied to at the time of booking. The woman checking us in offered us a whirlpool suite and knocked a few dollars off the price (maybe $19) The room had an odor, as if it were a smoking room at some time. The bed was awful, the pillows were flat, the sheet felt like sand paper, the whirlpool would not hold water so we had to keep an extremely noisy faucet running all the time, When we got out of the tub the basket of very ragged towels ( seen better towels at a car wash) had spider webs complete with a live spider!! The wife loved that! The room was in general disrepair. When we checked in we tossed of bags in the room and went to the wedding so all of the above was discovered after midnight so moving to a different room was not an option for us. We did tell the manager of our issues with the room and asked for a refund. He said we should had move to a different room and we were only trying to get a free room. He offered no other discounts. It was a horrible experience. The room rate should of been $19.99 a night not the $121.00 we paid.. BEWARE! Read the other reviews on other services. Review after review complaints were made of this manager charging extras for no reason. That is why we waited to give this review so we could keep an eye on our account for fake extra charges!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP!!
RnB

Room Tip: Go a little further north and stay in Fon du Lac
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank RainmakerBlondie

Travelers are raving about these Lomira hotels

Cudahy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

went there with my grandchildren.....couldn't wait to sit in the hot tub, which is a special treat for me....well, when we got there, we were told the hot tub was out of order....when i asked when it would be fixed, i was told a man had to come in with a new liner....never did say when....the kids went swimming in the "heated" pool HA! it was even too cold for them.....think they wold have at least offered some money off for the hot tub not working HA AGAIN! in order to use the micro wave, we had to unplug the tv tili finally moved it next to the bed on the floor....not good! will have to find a different place next time...

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank kathb1120
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

I am a prestige business man who travels internationally 12 months out of the year. Because of all this travel I experience a numerous amount of hotels throughout my hectic work week. On this specific occasion I was closing up a business deal in lomira and decided to stay the night at this hotel. Little did I know, this would be the worst decision of my life. Never in my 20 years of traveling worldwide did I ever experience service as terrible as Suri Burman's establishment. He treated me like dirt and would not answer any of my questions about the area in which I wasn't familiar with. The worst part of all was when I received my bill and realized that I was charged with a king sized bed when I only had a double. He refused to comply with what I wanted and only disrespected me more by threatening to call 911 if I didn't leave the hotel immediately. This is the worst manager that has ever been in charge of a hotel and should be put out or business as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2010
2 Thank Bkemps07
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

Worst service ever. Tried over charging us twice. Rude. Horrible customer service. Beds are the worst ever.

• Stayed July 2011
Kenosha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

I had read the reviews on trip advisor before we stayed. There were several comments about customers being charged for things they did not do..I should have listened. We stayed at the hotel for a baseball tournament. When we got back from tournament we asked for more pillows since we only had 4. The owner then called the room and accused us of having more people in the room then we told him and asked why we needed more pillows. We stay in hotels every weekend for our travel team and I have never heard of such a thing. He had to come up and verify how many people we had. The next day I noticed a charge on my checking account for $150.00. When I called the owner he stated we got charged because we had a dog in our room..we don't own a dog and we were barely at hotel to sleep so wouldn't they hear it barking? My husband called the owner and asked if he saw a dog and he replied no but he just knows we did and will not be refunding our money. He was very rude and condiscending to my husband. I am doing a dispute with my bank right now and also will be contacting Better Business Bureau and my attorney if this is not rectified. My husband and I are both VP's at a bank and have never been treated this way. Do not stay here..whatever you do. I can see I am not the first to comment on this situation.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BANKVPS
SKBURMAN, Manager at Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira, responded to this review, July 21, 2011
Its quite clear the guests did not have any issue with the quality of the room. We were able to see from these guests a tendency to abuse the property. They make a reservation for 2 Adults and 1 child, show up at the time of check-in with 2 adults and 2 children. Then a kid comes to the desk looking for 4 pillows and 2 blankets! Husband says he has no idea about so many pillows and blankets! They sign & agree on the registration card that smokng is not permitted anywhere in the hotel (besides verbally being told that smoking is prohibited inside the area, and where exactly they can smoke). After some time we catch him smoking in the pool area with doors open!! We find dog hair all over the place, on recliner, chair, carpet, spread etc. in the morning, we notice 3-4 kids coming out from the same room. They leave the room in a trashed state. After all these, they claim to be VPs at a bank!!! We draw a very clear line between USE and ABUSE of our property.
Black River Falls, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

We stayed here for a wedding that was in town. We had a mouse in our room, complained, and the managers wife screamed at us and then asked us to leave because we were making trouble. Other in our party were overcharged. There was no ice in the ice machines. I have never been treated so horrible in my life. I would never stay here again. All we asked was for the hotel to make it right. And instead even though check out was at 11, we were asked to leave early. Horrible place to stay!!!!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank AmyP71
SKBURMAN, Manager at Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira, responded to this review, November 27, 2010
The guest's comments are nor true. Infact, we offered to change the room, but the guest was interested only in a free room. She even threatened us few times that if we dont give them a free room, then they will intentionally write a bad review online. That's what they have done...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lomira
The Audubon Inn
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Beaver Dam
AmericInn of West Bend
AmericInn of West Bend
#3 of 4 in West Bend

Been to Country Hearth Inn and Suites Lomira? Share your experiences!