“One of the Best!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have visited Anchor's Away dozens of times over the past few years. It is one of my favorite spots around Lake Wisconsin and in the Madison area. You won't find better fish anywhere - always served hot and fresh. They have other great menu items that never disappoint as well (shrimp specifically). Along with great views of Lake Wisconsin and friendly service I give Anchor's Away 5 out of 5 stars every time. As expected, its very popular on weekends, get there early or have a couple drinks at the bar while you wait for your table. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had the maple salmon and it was good! My husband had quesadillas, he liked it. The view was beautiful even on a rainy day and the waitress was very attentive.

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Holliehh44, I LIVE on this lake. I know where we went. You must be one of the owners to try to dismiss my complaint in such a manner. If you were truly a responsible person you'd at least apologize for such over the top shabby service from your establishment. But since you didn't at the time we were there, why would I expect it now? You've lost my business and recommendations forever.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Anchors Away, formerly known as The Bridge - located on the shores of Lake Wisconsin - come by car or boat. We treated ourselves to a casual evening out after working around the house all day - Anchors Away is a great choice. Although the Saturday specials of Prime Rib and Roasted Pork loin are Wisconsin favorites, we opted for the Bluegills and Ribs - both excellent choices. Casual cocktails at the bar, watching the sun set over Lake Wisconsin - always a charming atmosphere, complimented with Tammy's personal, local hospitality - are worth the visit. The stage table adds a bit of romance to your visit, ask the hostess when you arrive for availability. Beautiful views, efficient and friendly service, fresh salad bar, mounds of tasty food, and a bill that won't break the bank will be the highlights of your visit to Anchors Away. Stop in and visit the next time you are in the Madison / Lodi / Lake Wisconsin area - I think you'll enjoy your visit.

1  Thank LaCrosseIndians
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We often go to Anchors Away and have for many years. The food, especially the chicken and scallops are very tasty. The salad bar is just an added bonus with multiple offerings in addition to the "regular" green salad. This added to the views of Lake Wisconsin make it a destination that we often enjoy. I should add that the scallops are some of the best that I have ever eaten and are prepared just right whether you order them broiled or deep fried. They may have the best broasted chicken in the area.