“smelly !!! first and last visit”

50's American Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The diner is open friday 5pm til 9pm saturday 12 noon til 9pm and sunday 12 noon til 7pm to book please give us a call the diner has received a 5 star food hygeine rating for the last 11 years and is the highest rating available We have recently won The Food Awards category " Best World Cuisine" both in the Midlands and in England.
Reviewed February 28, 2014

took my two "young" daughters for a special meal as a treat on a very special day (their father's passing) as this place was recommended. We were told that we had to order drinks before the meal, even the milkshakes, so they went down well with a hot greasy meal - NOT !!! then ordered two children's meals, then after ten minutes was told that children's meals were only for up to "ten year olds" !! how do they know how old my daughters were, but me being honest, one of my daughters had only just turned 11, we then had to re-order an adults meal or should I say a plate full of smelly greasy fries, just like the rest of the meals that we ordered. how dare they just assume what age people are and how dare they dictate who can and cannot eat and order a particular meal !!!! I then wanted a baked potato and not fries with my meal, couldn't have that either as they had got no potatoes. My other daughter is only seven and we only found out by chance that she had a free dessert so nearly ordered an extra dessert. Also noticed a sign that you could not even take photos !!! When we got home we all smelled of grease, never in my life have I had such an experience of "YOU CANNOT HAVE THIS, YOU MUST DO THIS AND YOU WILL GO HOME SMELLING OF THIS TOO"

3  Thank amber d

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I will start by saying that like me I imagine you read the negative reviews as much as the positive. Well I will say this is a good little diner I've come to for years. However the responses to the negative reviews do damper the business and make the workers there look slightly immature,they should just ignore them or be more professional in their response.

Because they are nice people,everytime I have been they have been welcoming. If there has been any issues they have helped resolve them.

Yes the food is slightly pricey but you go for the over all experience,it's a nice little diner.

Read the reviews and learn,don't go in fancy expensive clothes because this is a diner so it's obvious the smell will stay around.

The food is very nice with big portions but the star attraction are the milkshakes,tasty.

The staff are mostly friendly and it's a good place to take the kids.

Nice local business that's stayed longer than most businesses in the area,that says it all.

If your not local,make a day of it,Conkers then American diner,but remember book first because that appears to be an issue,it is only small so this is going to happen.

A must visit.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Went for a drink after a day out. Had lovely milkshakes and hot chocolate.

Also some hugely overpriced fries and onion rings.

What put us off ordering a full meal was the suspicious looking burgers. Looked like economy burgers dressed up!

It was an interesting place, somewhere different but could benefit from a good deep clean. Dirty blinds, sticky menu's - that sort of thing.

3  Thank teggtb
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Me and my boyfriend booked for valentines day for something different.

The diner is situated in a perfect place, it actually feels you are in the outbacks of America which we thought added to the experience.

The place is great, the decor is brilliant and we have never been to a place like it! To be honest the food was average. The food wasn't poor but we have experienced better food but the place and experience makes up for it! you do leave smelling of fried food as they cook the food Infront of you but that didn't bother us!

The tables can only fit 4 people in so if big groups were thinking of going then just be prepared only 4 can fit round a table!

Overall we had a great time and it was something new and different to experience! We would recommend it to anyone, but just warn them the food Is just ok!

1  Thank Steph_robbo
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We went for my boyfriends birthday, had heard that the portion sizes were big...and they didn't disappoint even he didn't finish all of our order. The staff were friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere was great. On booking I was asked if it was a special occasion and I just said yes it was a birthday..after we had finished our meal..the music changed to happy birthday and he was presented with a little muffin with a candle in, which he managed to fit in somewhere after that large meal lol..it was a nice and unexpected touch...found it great value and would definitely go again and take the kids next time...thanks for your hospitality can't believe it's the first time we have been and we only live down the road x