“Invited back by the manager”
Review of The Horseshoes

The Horseshoes
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Country pub set in the beautiful village of East Farleigh. Offering a relaxed dining experience with fresh pub food. Ales, beers, and cocktails all available, along with a wide selection of soft drinks. Outside dining in the summer months, real open fires in the winter. All welcome; including dogs.
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had posted a previous review saying how disappointed I was with the food last time I visited. The manager James asked me to call him to discuss my complaint which I did.He invited me back to give them another chance which I did. I have to say I was very impressed. This time there were 3 ales available and the food was very very good. I have since returned back again with another couple and have to say that the steak i ordered was up there with the best I have had. I will definitely be returning.

James M, Manager at The Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Ben S

Thanks for taking the time to speak to me and I'm pleased you have came back and had a great experience with us after our conversation and also on another occasion as well

Look forward to seeing you again very soon

Thanks

Reviewed July 19, 2014

I visited the Horseshoes with friends. Our meals were really good. I thoroughly enjoyed mine, the puddings were delicious too, the share platter of assorted puddings is a brilliant idea and a dream for pudding lovers. Good value for money too, as the meals were not overpriced, with a good variety of menu choices. The staff were really friendly and polite and there was a great atmosphere there, as well as the huge thunderstorm! Which we had a great view of over the weald.
Lovely place, we will definitely be returning.

Dear LJR33

Thanks for your feedback and great to hear some amazing comments about our dessert sharers, and lovely to hear some great comments about our team of amazing staff and glad they were able to cater for your every needs

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went here for my special birthday. Good here yes, special no. The service was good at the start. The meals were pretty and nice but nothing spectacular. I had the pork belly with two scallops ( they worked out at £ 2.00 each !) We ordered desserts and were still waiting 25 minutes later. With our taxi soon arriving we asked the waitress where they were. The next minute she went to the kitchen and five minutes later came with our requests. I can only presume she made them herself. A lack of kitchen staff I think. The cheese board was the best value on the menu. Glad I tried it, but would not rush back.

1  Thank fatcatj

Dear fatcatj

Thanks for taking the time to review the Horseshoes and I'm sorry for not making your day as special as you would have hoped for.

I will send you a direct message to try and work out what went wrong on the day and hope to welcome you back soon

Thanks

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Visited as we'd heard it was under new management and what a nice welcome we received. Only stopped for a drink but restaurant areas looked lovely and they were busy too. The staff we encountered including the new manager James were very friendly and efficient. Lots of food going out looked nice too. From what I hear the cask beer is always good and will definitely be back for more of that!!

Hello Glenda M

Thanks for your great feedback and it is always lovely to hear we have new locals in the area.

Our cask ales are always served with a smile and are consistently changing to suit our guest needs

Thanks again and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed July 15, 2014

On a recent visit it was a bit of a mixed experience. Some food really good and tasty but the gammon steak was rather small and a companion had to return a meal as it was not presented how she expected it. The meal was quickly replaced with something else and the offer of a refund was made as well but this was declined, as the replacement meal was sufficient. Desserts were very nice indeed and arrived much quicker than the main course. Overall I would return.

Dear David S

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry to hear that your Gammon steak wasn't up to our usual high standards and I'm also glad to hear that your replacement meal was enjoyable for you too.

Our Desserts are very popular and we consistently get great feedback from our guests

Thanks again and hope to see you soon