“Great place for lunch.”
Review of The Horseshoes

The Horseshoes
Reserve with OpenTable
The Horseshoes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A Country pub set in the beautiful village of East Farleigh. Offering a relaxed dining experience with fresh pub food. Ales, beers, and cocktails all available, along with a wide selection of soft drinks. Outside dining in the summer months, real open fires in the winter. All welcome; including dogs.
“Great place for lunch.”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

We visit most Saturday lunchtimes before our daughter's riding lesson. James and his team are always really welcoming. Friendly, professional service. We tend to select from the bar menu, good range of tasty, well presented and reasonably priced meals. Keep it up chaps!

Visited February 2014

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Evening, very welcoming! Will definatley be returning”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Horseshoes has always been a favourite special occasion Restaurant of ours, so we invited our friends to join us last night & were very impressed by the menu and service. Nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed starters, mains & puddings. All our dishes looked amazing & tasted great too. James the Manager made us feel very welcome. We had a great evening in comfortable surroundings & will be back soon.

Thanks for your feedback

It's great to hear you had a great night with us at The Horseshoes and look forward to seeing you again very soon

Many Thanks

James and the Team
London, United Kingdom
“Good usually but not on a busy night”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

As we live local we visit the pub quite often and have always found the food and service good as most reviews here show. Last night was the first time we visited at a weekend (Friday night). The restaurant was busy, and although we initially received a warm welcome, once shown to our table the service became very poor. We waited 10 minutes for a menu, 20 minutes to order and a further 30minutes for food to arrive. It was the same for the desert, a two course meal taking over 30 mins. My friend who was driving asked for mineral water but they would only sell her a large bottle which she declined in favour of plain tap water. Every time we wanted service we had to go looking for staff. Our friends who we were hoping would like out local were not impressed and although they also live local will not be returning. I also think I will avoid weekends in future.

2 Thank 9Jacquie
Thanks for your feedback

I'm sorry to hear about your recent visit to the Horseshoes. Judging by your scores, you enjoyed the atmosphere and the vibe but the service just wasn't there this time

This is something I will take back to my team and work on getting it right for you next time you visit us in the future
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Gone down hill”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Since the last Manager left this has gone down hill. Ate here in December and although the food was still good. The service was very, very slow to the point I was about to leave. No apologies from the staff, no one checked we were OK, just left to our own devices. So disappointed, not eaten here since.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Globalintrepid
James M, Manager at The Horseshoes, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thanks for your feedback about your visit here in December

My apologies for the service you received, if you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact myself at the pub whenever you are free
Kent
“THE most awful Valentines dinner ever”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Having booked to go and have a Valentines dinner on Saturday night, I was a little surprised to be seated on the smallest table imaginable in the corridor whilst hordes of people filed past and stood milling around before being seated.It was probably THE worst table in the restaurant.

Starter consisted of extremly overcooked prawns, with a curled up piece of lettuce and very hard and dry ciabatta with no butter. Mains were equally disappointing, and small. My partner ordered a steak medium rare, and it was cremated. The waitresses twice bought me the wrong wine.

All this cost £80!!! I definitely will not be going there again and I think the chef should step back and take stock of the food he is sending out!

2 Thank sprin23
Thanks for your feedback

My apologies about your recent experience with us on Valentines Weekend

I will use this information and pass it on to the team to improve on the errors that occurred that evening

If you would like to discuss this further then please feel free to contact myself at the pub at your convenience