“Smoked Brisket”

Carp's Landing Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Featuring in-house smoked brisket and ribs, pastas, salads and sandwiches. Daily specials. Sunday Brunch. all items homemade, specializing in sauces and seasonings with a southwest twist. Sports bar with Karaoke and live music on weekends.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've had smoked brisket all over the SE - this was right in there. In fact I had a buddy from Memphis who happened to comment that the smoked brisket was better than anything he had aten in Memphis - quite a testament.

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a party of seven on a Sunday late afternoon. We were seated in a small-ish dining room off the bar area. Waiter, (Tex?) brought us our reasonably priced drinks. He announced that due to a busy weekend they were out of fries and potato wedges. The menu carried a decent selection, heavy on smoked or bbq'd meats. Salmon was tasty, as was the steak sandwich, ribeye steak, and rack of ribs. The combo of brisket and ribs were tender and coated in a homemade bbq sauce.
The twice baked potatoes were unimaginative and plain. They were also served luke warm. One was sent back to be reheated and perhaps fifteen minutes later was brought back. The ribeye sandwich was missing it's potato which went unnoticed by us until the conclusion of the meal. Despite these oversights the waiter was more than attentive. He brought us a couple pitchers of soda refills unasked, and gave my younger son a couple packages of crackers when he saw my son stealing the ones that came with my very tasty chicken pot pie soup. The bill was quite reasonable.
Overall a good meal and good experience. We'll be back!

1  Thank Jeffjas
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Went to have the perch and decided on the Reuben instead. Not sure that it was the best choice, but the meat was very tender, the bread was a bit soggy, but I still liked it. We had 7 in our group and we were seated right away. We had several that got the fish special and EVERYONE loved it!!! Good prices too

Reviewed September 7, 2013

While recently staying in Lake Mills, Wisconsin to attend a family wedding, my husband and I decided to eat at Carp's Landing on a Friday night. We had a rough trip of 11 hours that day and just wanted to sit and relax and have a good meal.

Well, we didn't. This is a VERY small, sleepy little town, so their idea of good food may be a bit different from those of us who have done a bit of travelling and like to enjoy fresh food served well in a nice atmosphere. This is a typical dark, bar kind of atmosphere, definitely not somewhere I would take the family. We were seated in the bar because they said there was no room in the dining room, although they didn't appear to be that busy at 8:30 pm.

We ordered ribs and cod. The ribs were tough, with a homemade sauce that wasn't good. My husband did like the cod. The salad bar is definitely simple, as another reviewer noted, but is was just plain small, with practically no offereings, and it wasn't all that clean, nor were the lettuces chilled as they should be. Their bread offering consisted of a loaf of marble rye bread, still in the bread wrapper, opened and laying beside the salad bar...wow.

We were only visiting because of the wedding, so we would never have an occasion to go back there, but I wouldn't even suggest it if you were staying there. Drive a little ways and get a good meal somewhere else.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Good Service. Seated quickly. The menu offers a lot of variety. We had the ribeye and battered cod. Both were very goodl