“Awesome!”
Review of Geneva ChopHouse

Geneva ChopHouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Geneva ChopHouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hwy 50 East & Hwy 12
Description: It all starts with a steak. Hand-selected, custom-seasoned, and prepared to perfection in an open-hearth grill. Then, wine. Cultivated in one of the world's premier winemaking regions, and strategically chosen to complement the cut. Welcome to Geneva ChopHouse, where we've mastered the art of steak and wine. From cabernet and filet to sirloin and syrah, each pairing is a masterpiece, expertly crafted to satisfy the palate. Of course, there's more to the story. Stellar seafood, chops and top-notch cocktails round out the menu, along with family-style sides and delectable desserts. It all comes together with the best Lake Geneva vibes in an upscale steakhouse atmosphere.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Loved this place! I was a little nervous bringing my 2 year old son but they were MORE than accommodating to him. I didn't see a children's menu online but they brought one out after we were seated. They even brought my son a chef's hat and a special ice cream sundae on the house. If that wasn't enough, they even gave him a tour of the kitchen!

Besides all that, the food out of this world and the service wonderful. People in my party had steak and sea bass and both were excellent! I only wish we lived closer so that we can return again soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

First off, I never write reviews because I don't have the time, but for this experience I felt it necessary. I’ll never go back. I always give restaurants two chances and this was the second chance for this place, and it failed again. The service was very good; not excellent but very good. Allen Brothers steaks are the real deal…outstanding. I will just have to find another establishment where I can enjoy them though. 50 minute wait to get a steak and piece of fish for my wife. No salads, no appetizer….a 50 minute wait! That is totally acceptable. I ordered my steak MEDIUM and it came to me with no pink in it and not warm. My wife’s fish was over cooked…for $34. The butter on the table tasted like shortening…huh…we’re in Wisconsin…it should be the best butter I ever had….and it was the worst. Their wine list is not updated weekly….please compare the vintages on the menu to the one you receive at your table…it’s called “bait and switch”. One wine I ordered, they didn’t have in stock and the other was a different vintage. For the amount of money you’re spending, it’s just not acceptable… they need a new manager and a new chef. It’s too bad because Lake Geneva needs a real good restaurant to dine at…a 5 diamond restaurant….and this is about a 2 diamonds. Lastly, the manager did stop by the table and asked how things were…we responded “ok”…we could have complained about everything but we just wanted to get out; we don’t need our food comped or re-cooked and we didn’t want to make a scene in a packed dining room. I’m starting to think that the people who visit the Grand Geneva are happy with average food. I’ve been to steak houses all over America and this one wouldn’t be on my list. That area deserves a better restaurant. I know they do a nice brunch, I've never been there for that, it may be good, but skip the dinner. The ratings I gave are based on MY experience and not on what I SHOULD HAVE received. In summary, the food is not "AMAZING", the sides are average, the wine list is in dis-array, service was very good, Allen Brothers steaks are really GREAT, but get them somewhere else.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Great Food and beautiful views make the Geneva Chop House the hands down best brunch in town. Worth every penny !

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Ok, so they have aged steaks that are FANTASTIC, and their Chilean Sea Bass is amazing. Get the Simi Cab and the NY Aged Steak with Asparagus and you're in Heaven!

Expensive, but AMAZING FOOD!!!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Excellent tender and tsaty filet. Well worth the price. Service was prompt and courteous. Great drinks and atmosphere.