“Good food, great service.”

Su Wing Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: Chinese
Lake Geneva, WI
“Good food, great service.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I think Su Wings is great! They have really yummy fried rice and the best egg rolls around! The staff is helpful and very friendly!

• Visited February 2013

“Nothing Exceptional”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Locally Owned. Not a chain. If you are hungry and wanting your quick chinese fix...eat in, take-out (including a drive-thru window) this may work for you. Looking for exceptional authentic "real chinese" I personally think not. Lunch can be a good buy...depending on what you like/order. Usually smaller versions of dinner entrees/specialties. I have never eaten/left here that I am not hungry again within hour orago two. You hear that said about eating chinese...no exception here! Very Average food. Looking for ambience...they do serve alcohol, wine and beer...Have a drink, make your own!

1 Thank iluvflpanhandle
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Good Asian Food”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Good hot food that is easy on the pocketbook. Great options on the menu and is 4 blocks from downtown with good parking.

Maplewood, Minnesota
“a very good meal”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was my first time at Su Wing, and I enjoyed my meal of Sesame Chicken. The service was a little bit awkward, as our server claimed he would remember our order and came back a few minutes order to refresh his memory, but aside from that things went well. Our needs at the table were attended to quickly, and the meal was reasonably priced. I would definitely eat at this restaurant again.

Visited March 2012
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“What happened?”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

For many years I have visited this restaurant with family & friends and have enjoyed very good food & decent service. Today, however, things have taken a turn for the worse.

Wife & I started out with bali maki (we affectionally call this "poodle-on-a-stick") & wonton soup. The bali maki was actually tasty (although the meat used could have been a leaner cut). Soup, unfortunately, lacked everything in flavor. No base whatsoever to the broth, and even with a plethora of wontons & green onions, the soup was like drinking salt water (without the salt).

Next were egg rolls. It was advertised with pork, vegetables, and peanut butter. Said same egg rolls were missing items #1 and #3. Again (keeping with the theme of things), very bland and nothing to write home about.

I ordered my old stand-by - chicken fried rice - which is hard to screw up. And, except for a couple of obvious pieces of chicken fat left behind in the preparation, it was okay.

Wife had shrimp chow mein, cantonese-style. Her dish came out in a bowl (uncovered and with italian restaurant-type references printed on it), with the noodles swimming on the bottom. Operative word is "Swimming", as there was about a half-inch of cooking oil on the bottom of the dish. At first glance, it looked like Paula Deen was doing the cooking (ha!), but there was no butter involved whatsoever. Usually this type of dish is served in a white sauce or gravy, but (alas), not for us.

Not surprisingly, sauce could be had on the side. Only costs an extra $1.

The two of us, like I mentioned, have patronized Su Wings in the past, and we were both astonished and disappointed in the direction things have gone. Not sure if it's the economy or something , but they're cutting corners on taste and quality. We won't be back!

• Visited February 2012