“Anniversary Getaway...”

Ranked #1 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Anniversary Getaway...”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I took my wife here for an anniversary overnighter. The staff was very accommodating for an early check-in and even called us to see when we were going to arrive. The cottage was nicely appointed, very clean, and the owners clearly care about quality control. Nice bottle of wine and a cheese tray to boot. The only reason I can't give them 5 stars is the location -- they aren't on beautiful Lake Geneva, and therefore the view from the cottages is nothing to write home about. But their care makes up for the lack of a buena vista.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Two_Wheels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm a little late in writing this review but I must say I was really happy with my stay at Seven Oaks! My stay was April 12-14th. My girlfriend found this place on the internet and decided to give it a try! Upon arrival the front desk personnel were very nice upon checking in. Check in was simple quick. Your breakfast (which I will get back to) delivery time is asked at this time. There are an assortment of DVDs you can use for free at the front desk. The front desk closes at 9pm so make sure most request are taken care of before then. The cottage we stayed in was free standing and has it own little parking spot. It has its own little porch with chairs which would be nice to sit on during the summer nights! Upon entering the cottage I was really impressed with the layout. It was very clean. It had a living area which consisted of a couch, table for eating, television, coffee table and fireplace. There is also a microwave, sink, dishes and refrigerator included in the cottage. Cheese and grapes are in the refrigerator as well as cans of soda and a bottle of wine! The bedroom area was spacious. No tv in the bedroom is a PLUS! The heated floors and heated towel rack in the bathroom were probably my favorite things! The whirlpool was nice. I requested breakfast at 9am and like clock work it was there both days! It consisted of fresh sliced fruit, cereal, croissants (which tasted good), yogurt, bakery pastry and juice. The only negative thing I could say about this place is you have to go to the front desk for ice which isn't the biggest of deals but could be a problem for some. The location of Seven Oaks is close to the downtown area and would be a nice walk during warm weather. There are several restaurants and stores in close proximity. This is a good place for couples and I would definitely return for a stay here!

Room Tip: If you want more privacy get a cottage not connected to another one!
1 Thank pizzle11
Lake Villa, Illinois
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Seven Oaks to celebrate our anniversary. We could not have asked for more! The beautiful suite was wonderful, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The wine and cheese that was in the small refrigerator was great and the staff was superb. Breakfast is brought directly to your door at the time you ask and everything is fresh. The bathroom is fantastic. The whirlpool tub and heated floor made you feel as if you are in a spa. You are close to the downtown area, but you would never know it. This place is perfect for a nice relaxing getaway and I know that we will be back.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

It's not often you go somewhere away from home and find everything, and more, where you've chosen to lodge. My wife and I went away for some R&R during spring break and found paradise! from the warm friendly greeting by one of the owners, to the professional and courteous staff that attended to our several requests.

SevenOaks is hands down, and thumbs up a must do stop on your travel nonliterary. There was nothing needed by us during our stay as everything had been already thought out - it seems, by design. There is ample parking, well lit by lighting and the moon. form the fireplace, to the heated towels, whenever we thought perhaps the "forgot" this or that, it was just a shift of the eyes away!

There is really no review that can adequately portray the experience had during our visit, so don't ruin it for your selves by depending solely on reviews of this wonderful location, reserve your experience today, and be ready to experience unparalleled service and quality in lodging! We are already planning our return visit. ENJOY!!!!!

Room Tip: When only the best will satisfy!
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My recent trip to Lake Geneva was in the spring of 2013. April to be exact. Let me start off by saying the weather was terrible. Horrible. The resort owners were dealing with emergency flooding issues, but I would have never known because Leon went so far above and beyond anything I would have expected and made sure our stay was amazing and comfortable. With what they were going through they still made the time to ensure that we had anything and everything we needed. They were both non intrusive as well as available and accessible whenever they were needed. Now, the rooms themselves were not flooded at all, so don't worry about that. They were in fact lovely and well appointed, and actually exceeded my expectations in every way. Much nicer and roomier than many 4-5 star hotels I've stayed at. The bathroom was amazing. Top notch. Double sinks, heated tile floors, heated towel rack, multi-head shower, whirlpool tub big enough for two, and my favorite, the heated toilet seat. It was pleasantly awesome to sit on an already warm seat. Also great terry cloth robes. The furniture was all beautiful and most importantly comfortable. Real hardwood floors. A porch. And the room we stayed in had a beautiful foyer/sunroom as well. Can't say enough good things about the room or hosts. We stayed in the Windsor room. I highly, highly recommend. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go for the Windsor.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I'm from the area and SevenOaks is the only place to stay. My husband and I went for a romantic getaway after just being married. The rooms are perfectly clean, it's quiet, and the staff are absolutely wonderful. It's the feel of having a private cottage and very romantic. Having breakfast brought to us in the morning was a wonderful touch. While in Lake Geneva we did some shopping, dining and sight seeing of course but we spent a great deal of time in the room because we loved it so much! The fireplace, the beautiful shower and tub, and the couch was so cozy! I have to say we also loved that there are no children allowed. A definite added perk for couples looking for a romantic getaway or someone looking for a quiet getaway while in town on business. When we were there the people who ran the Inn had to deal with some flooding issues. We saw them outside and they took the time to ask if we needed anything. We asked for coffee to brought to us when they got a chance, no rush. We came back to the room after dinner and I found a message on my phone asking if we wanted breakfast and if the coffee was brought to us. I called back after office hours just to be sure they didn't have to be bothered with making us breakfast so I wanted to leave a message. I mentioned that no, the coffee had not been brought over but not to worry, it wasn't a big deal at all. These wonderful people felt so terrible, even though they shouldn't have dealing with all the flooding issues, they drove over to bring coffee and threw in a nice bottle of chilled wine for us. It was completely unnecessary but very much appreciated. The hospitality at this Inn is the absolute best and it truly is the only place I will stay when I return to Lake Geneva.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Oh my goodness. Where do I begin! Simply put, this place is excellent! We visited for a weekend taking advantage of a spring promotion that gave us half off of our second night. While we had read everything on the website prior to our reservation, I didn't really know what to expect. Wow was I blown away!

For starters, SevenOaks is tucked away in its own little quiet area. If you're not paying attention, you will pass it when driving. However, because we had read the website, we were prepared and knew that it would be located between the DQ and miniature golf. Once onto the property, you quickly notice the individual named suites (named after places in England) on either side. The reception area is directly at the end of the road. We checked in and were given the key to the Cambridge. It was absolutely beautiful inside! There's a cozy little living area with a fireplace and small dining area. The small kitchenette was stocked with plenty of coffee, tea, and hot coco. They even provide cheeses and wine (in the fridge) to enjoy by the fireplace. The bed was soooooo comfortable with quality linens that smelled so good. The bathroom...simply awe inspiring and I think it was my favorite room in the suite! There's the fabulous whirlpool tub, the spacious shower (perfect for two), and bathrobes for two. But the best part was the heated floors and the heated towel racks. I get cold very quickly and having warm floors and towels made me feel like I was in heaven. Then there was the daily continental breakfast which was fantastic and perfect for us.

SevenOaks is perfectly located near the downtown area and on a warm, sunny day it would be awesome to take a walk downtown (about a 5min drive) for shopping and lunch. It was in the 40's and rainy when we visited so walking wasn't of interest to us.

This place was perfect. The owners thought of everything. I really appreciate the attention to detail and how they've invested in the property. I think it deserves much higher than a "5-star" rating. The furnishings are modern, food was great, service was excellent....I can't wait to visit again!

1 Thank RGM2