New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

SevenOaks
Ranked #1 of 14 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
“Magical escape!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Whether you're washing your worries away in the double whirlpool tub or toasting your toes infront of a cozy fire, there is something for every couple to love at Sevenoaks. Upon arrival the staff was super accommodating and friendly, and the wine and cheese platter are the perfect greeting. Their vast DVD collection adds to the perfect winter night in with your sweetie. All in all, one of the best weekend trips we've ever had and privacy is top notch. Don't miss this gem! We'll be back in another season.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Giannamacchia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

This is my second review of Seven Oaks. I am writing again because I was shocked when I saw that a couple of people had given poor reviews. I got very angry when I read them because they were obviously written by people who were petty and looking for a reason to complain. I have been going to Seven Oaks for several years now. I will start by saying that I am actually very particular about where I stay. It has to be very clean and I want to be treated courteously by the staff. Both of these expectations are always met and exceeded when staying at Seven Oaks. Amanda and Leon are lovely hosts and they have always been very gracious and accommodating to any request. The rooms are spotless and perfectly appointed. I love this place in all seasons, but I am partial to coming in the winter. I love the fireplace, the heated floors and towel bars, the whirlpool tub and the comfortable bed. It feels so cozy. I have stayed many places in Lake Geneva. This is the best by far.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank janeb-e
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Wifey kidnapped me for an overnight to Lake Geneva. A long overdue night away from our hectic lives in Chicago. We've stayed at several places in Lake Geneva over the years, and Seven Oaks is the best. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the interior was perfect.

Everything from meeting Amanda at the reception desk, the complimentary wine and cheese/fruit tray in the room, to breakfast delivered directly to our cottage the next morning was just perfect.

Other reviewers mentioned the heated floor. I do have to say it was really nice on a cold winter night.

Also great recommendation of massage therapists for a romantic couples massage from Seven Oaks - highly recommend if you are here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Elmhurst
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Loved Seven Oaks. There is no better way to start a romantic time away then enjoying a bottle of wine and cheese and crackers in front of the fire. It was a perfect Winter retreat. The cottages are so cute and clean, the bathroom with heated floors and heated towel rack made getting out of the shower on a cold morning much more enjoyable. Love the care that went into the continental breakfast. Just go and have a relaxing time. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is my home away from home. I come every year.

Everyone else reviewing here gave enough of an accurate description of the rooms, like the heated ceramic tile bathroom floor, heated towel rack and fabulous jet tub with dimmer on the light, etc. Clean, well kept, I've always been impressed with the tremendous attention to detail. And I love love love the dvd player, something missing in all hotels these days !

What I'd like to point out is the attraction for the traveler that must bring their own food to a place that has no appropriate places to eat. I love the set up of the mini kitchenette. Conveniently situated between the living room and the bedroom, it has counter space, cabinet space, mini fridge, microwave, everything you need to make your own way when it comes to eating. I bring a crock pot, small toaster oven, and hot pot. If I need to get some groceries, Walmart and target are very close by. I have room for everything, and it's very comfortable.

Room Tip: If you're a kosher traveler, make sure you tell them to leave food and drink out of the mini fri...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Tinley Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Actually chose Sevenoaks from other tripadvisor reviews. We definitely picked the right spot! My husband and I checked in Thanksgiving Day. We couldn't believe how clean and cozy our cottage was. The bathroom was fabulous! The heated floors were wonderful. The fireplace made for a very romantic atmosphere. Breakfast was brought right to our door both mornings. The wine along with the cracker and cheese tray were nice extras. It was also nice to actually have water and soda in the fridge that were actually included in the price. Definitely will be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All the cottages are in a good location. It is so nice to have the privacy of freestanding cottages...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I visited SevenOaks November 23-25 of 2012. We wanted to get out of the city and away from Thanksgiving craziness for a few days and just relax. This place fit the bill and fit it well.

SevenOaks offers detached "suites" for all their guests. It's a cute little house. Ours was 1BR. It was freezing the whole weekend so we camped out inside our house most of the time. It was warm and cozy, comfortable low-key lighting, gas fireplace, and wine and cheese upon arrival. The bed was amazing and bedding just as great. The bathroom is amazing, with heated tile floors, jacuzzi tub, triple-head shower, and tankless hot water heater so you never run out. The suite itself was clean and smelled completely neutral, which is the best way to have it in my book. It didn't smell dirty or moldy, and it didn't smell like they were trying to cover something up, which in most cases (including this) means it's legitimately clean.

When we got there Amanda was extremely friendly and checkin was fast and no nonsense. She told us to grab some movies from the DVD collection at reception which is actually quite huge, and contains mostly movies that people would actually watch, unlike many hotels or B&B type places.

My favorite feature was the fireplace which is on a timer but heats up the living/TV area nicely and is just a great relaxing element to include. It helps a lot when you're trying to decompress and just relax and enjoy the time off. At night our little house was almost completely silent and I disappeared into the huge king bed because it was so comfortable.

Each morning the staff will bring you breakfast at the time you request. They brought it on time (to the second) both mornings and it was more (and better) than I expected. There were 2 of everything: fruit plate, croissant, cinnamon roll, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and orange juice.

I have a couple suggestions but nothing worthy of removing any complements or stars from this great property. 1. Change the timer on the fireplace to one that is silent. The "ticking" of the timer running down takes away from the whole concept and made me keep thinking about the "end" of my relaxing weekend. 2. The tankless water heater is kind of loud, but the convenience makes up for it. Also it's only loud when the hot water is running, so that's not too bad. 3. The carpeting was coming up in some areas, but no high traffic areas. Just near the moulding and in a spot by the fireplace.

Overall I enjoyed this place and would definitely come back. It would be great to visit when it's warm to take advantage of the porch and rocking chairs. It's only an hour and a half from Chicago so it's entirely possible another visit is in the future.

Thanks for the great weekend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple