“Wonderful, romantic getaway”
Review of SevenOaks

SevenOaks
Ranked #1 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Actually chose Sevenoaks from other tripadvisor reviews. We definitely picked the right spot! My husband and I checked in Thanksgiving Day. We couldn't believe how clean and cozy our cottage was. The bathroom was fabulous! The heated floors were wonderful. The fireplace made for a very romantic atmosphere. Breakfast was brought right to our door both mornings. The wine along with the cracker and cheese tray were nice extras. It was also nice to actually have water and soda in the fridge that were actually included in the price. Definitely will be back as soon as we can.

Room Tip: All the cottages are in a good location. It is so nice to have the privacy of freestanding cottages...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 26, 2012

My wife and I visited SevenOaks November 23-25 of 2012. We wanted to get out of the city and away from Thanksgiving craziness for a few days and just relax. This place fit the bill and fit it well.

SevenOaks offers detached "suites" for all their guests. It's a cute little house. Ours was 1BR. It was freezing the whole weekend so we camped out inside our house most of the time. It was warm and cozy, comfortable low-key lighting, gas fireplace, and wine and cheese upon arrival. The bed was amazing and bedding just as great. The bathroom is amazing, with heated tile floors, jacuzzi tub, triple-head shower, and tankless hot water heater so you never run out. The suite itself was clean and smelled completely neutral, which is the best way to have it in my book. It didn't smell dirty or moldy, and it didn't smell like they were trying to cover something up, which in most cases (including this) means it's legitimately clean.

When we got there Amanda was extremely friendly and checkin was fast and no nonsense. She told us to grab some movies from the DVD collection at reception which is actually quite huge, and contains mostly movies that people would actually watch, unlike many hotels or B&B type places.

My favorite feature was the fireplace which is on a timer but heats up the living/TV area nicely and is just a great relaxing element to include. It helps a lot when you're trying to decompress and just relax and enjoy the time off. At night our little house was almost completely silent and I disappeared into the huge king bed because it was so comfortable.

Each morning the staff will bring you breakfast at the time you request. They brought it on time (to the second) both mornings and it was more (and better) than I expected. There were 2 of everything: fruit plate, croissant, cinnamon roll, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, and orange juice.

I have a couple suggestions but nothing worthy of removing any complements or stars from this great property. 1. Change the timer on the fireplace to one that is silent. The "ticking" of the timer running down takes away from the whole concept and made me keep thinking about the "end" of my relaxing weekend. 2. The tankless water heater is kind of loud, but the convenience makes up for it. Also it's only loud when the hot water is running, so that's not too bad. 3. The carpeting was coming up in some areas, but no high traffic areas. Just near the moulding and in a spot by the fireplace.

Overall I enjoyed this place and would definitely come back. It would be great to visit when it's warm to take advantage of the porch and rocking chairs. It's only an hour and a half from Chicago so it's entirely possible another visit is in the future.

Thanks for the great weekend!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff D
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We wanted somewhere relaxing to stay at the end of a visit to Chicago and a tour around Illinois and Wisconsin. We were delighted with SevenOaks where Amanda and Leon Lavallin have applied OCD to the detail in what they can do to make the visitor comfortable. It was also nice to be able to walk into Lake Geneva village to shop and eat . Well worth a stroll round the lake to gawp at the mansions too!

Room Tip: The self contained units are all of the same high standard.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I decided to spend our honeymoon at Seven Oaks. As soon as we walked in, it was heaven on earth! The bed was huge and so comfortable! The bathroom was a dream with a shower that was to die for and a jacuzzi style tub that a person could lounge in for hours. I loved the heated bathroom tile floors and wanted to take the heated toilet seat home with me. Basically, I could've spent the entire honeymoon in the bathroom. Our first night there, my husband and I were so happy to raid the movie library that the owners had for guests and just relax. The breakfast was very simple but pleasantly filling. All of the staff members were so nice to us, the perfect combination of helpful but not overbearing. The only thing that I would say is that maybe the owners could get a mat that would prevent the couch pieces from sliding a bit. Overall, we wouldn't change a thing and my husband and I will definately be returning next summer!

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Dear Leon & Amanda Lavallin

I want to personally thank you for blessing my wife and me during our recent stay at Seven Oaks. We were blessed to have chosen Seven Oaks to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. Everything, and I do mean everything, was more than we expected: The rooms were clean, comfortable and cozy; the cheese and wine was an elegant touch; the kitchen area was greatly appreciated with teas and coffee, and provided a place to put our store bought ice cream in the freezer; also the breakfast was just right and healthy. I could go on.
When it was time to depart, my wife didn't want to leave. I am impressed that she was so impressed. Not an easy feat to accomplish with her.

We want to thank you for providing a wonderful stay that has created a beautiful memory for us. We also want to thank you for your generous hospitality that was received from both you and Leon and your parents whom we were so fortunate to meet.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

We just returned from a short trip to Seven Oaks in Lake Geneva. Not only was the staff completely awesome in letting us check in very early, but the place was beautiful. Our cottage was spotless and the linens smelled so fresh! We loved those extra special touches, like the bottle of wine and cheese/cracker tray we received upon arrival. We chatted at length with the staff on duty that day and we feel like we have new friends! I've seen other people on here complain about the breakfast, but we thought it was great! More than we could ever eat! I would definitely return to Seven Oaks!

Room Tip: We were in the Oxford unit, but I'm assuming they are all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori G
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed for two nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time here. Our cottage was spotless and the layout is just smart. Everything you need and more! Employees are very helpful. We will not hesitate to stay here again when we return to Lake Geneva in October ... LOVED IT!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple