“Very Good Dinner”
Review of The Geneva Inn

The Geneva Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Geneva Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Discover extraordinary cuisine at the Grandview Restaurant and Lounge. Savor a breathtaking, panoramic view of Geneva Lake and experience delicious combinations of texture, flavor and aroma.The Chefs at The Grandview Restaurant and Lounge take great pride in the process by which excellent food is created. Recognizing that quality of ingredients is paramount in the achievement of spectacular cuisine, we use nothing but the best and freshest available. LIVE Music every Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday Brunch. BREAKFAST: Monday - Saturday 7:30am - 10am LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm DINNER: Monday - Saturday from 5pm DINNER: Sunday - from 4pm SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 2pm
Illinois
“Very Good Dinner”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was extremely good for dinner. Everything was delicious and very tasty. The breakfast was just so so. But would go there again for the dinner. Great view.

• Visited July 2013
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments about your dinner.
We are sorry that you were disappointed in the complimentary Continental Breakfast, and encourage you to order from our menu if you are looking for more expanded hot entree selections, reasonably priced from $6- $10.

Leland,NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atmosphere and good food in one place”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The food was well prepared and attractively served. Several times the hostess checked on our large group.
The water was in view adding to the ambiance.

• Visited September 2013
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments about your visit, and we are glad you were well cared for by our great staff!
orlando
“Snotty waiter”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The view at the grandview is just that. It's spectacular. But that's all that is good at the place.

Food: the scallops were under cooked. The pheasant was dry. The duck was the best thing about the meal.

My husband and I eat out all the time. This by far, was some if
the worst service we have ever had. We asked the waiter. "Is the halibut fishy?" He answered, "it's fish." But that's not all when we asked about the steak he said he had no idea how it was and then said the only person that could tell us if it was good was the chef. He took 20 minutes to take our order, we had to ask for more wine, then ask for the check. When we asked for a pen he kept walking. Then another waiter told us he was sick. Did we really want to know he was handling our food. Worst service ever.

We paid 300 dollars a night for the room and 100 bucks for dinner. Not worth it!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sobad
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your dining experience.
I am truly sorry about the situation and I wish I had been aware at that time as I would have addressed it immediately.
We did speak with the server and he has been reminded that great guest service includes being gracious to our guests.
This is not our standard of service and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you!
Palatine, United States
“Over all, a bad day!”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Well, it started out fine. We had made a reservation and arrived at noon for Sunday Brunch. My guess is the dining room was about a third full. We easily got a window table for 4. The view is undeniably spectacular, sitting high on a hill over looking the eastern end of Lake Geneva. It was a picture perfect fall day with many pleasure boats, even a few brave water skiers in the chill, and tour boats from the Riviera to keep us amused. Our server promptly poured our champagne, served our fruit and coffee and took our orders. We ordered the artichoke and crab fondue which is really delicious. The entrees ordered were 2 eggs benedict, a smoked salmon omelet and a turkey club. Everything went downhill from there. Tables began to fill in around us. People seated after us began to get their food. ( Several tables seated after us actually ate and left before we even received our meals.) Politely questioning the server initially got a "your brunch will be right out, I put the order in right away" response. Ok. It is now 1PM and we have been there an hour. We repeatedly had to ask the bus boys for coffee refills. Ten more minutes and my husband flagged her down again. This time she asked him "What do you want?" I'm sorry, what do I want? Not, how can I help you, what do you need but what do you want. She went to the restaurant manager who promptly came to the table and apologized profusely. She had no idea what the problem was (this is the restaurant manager and, I think, should have known what the problem was). She was very nice, very sweet, very apologetic and offered to take the crab dip off our bill. Fine, but we still have no food. Our entrees arrived at 1:20. My Club sandwich was fine, but what can you do to screw up a club sandwich especially one for $16. My mother's eggs benedict were ok too. My brothers however were way overdone, no liquid in the yolk AT ALL. Back it goes with the promise it will only be a minute. My husbands smoked salmon omelet was terrible. They had made an omelet and then put a chunk of what looked like plain salmon filet on the outside of it. It was very fishy and no real smoke flavor. In complete disgust he ate none of it and they took it off the bill. My brothers replacement eggs came back out at 1:30 properly cooked but by that time the experience was pretty much ruined and we were there to celebrate my mother's 86th birthday. We were not in any hurry but to wait an hour and a half for breakfast I think is inexcusable. Again more apologies and the offer of a free dessert which, as it is now going on 2:00, we took to go. They brought my mom her ordered piece of chocolate cake with a candle and a birthday serenade and we packed up and left. My Poor score for service is based on the amount of time we waited, constantly having to ask for coffee refills, and for our server not staying on top of our order. The Average for food was averaging the finished meals. My husbands would get one star, my moms four stars, mine and my brothers 3. But 'average' food in a retaurant of this supposed calliber is inexcusable. We have dined here before, lunches and dinners have been good altho not exceptionally. Breakfast has been an issue before. Eggs benedict is my mothers favorite and this was not the first time that yolks have been overcooked. We aren't looking for raw yolks but they have to be able to run a bit. The serving of hollandaise could be a bit more generous too. Had we not waited intolerably long the situation might not have been so bad but, considering everything it was a real bust. The asst hotel manager was at the door when we left. Again very sweet and apologetic and assured us it wouldn't happen again. But at that point it was a little too late and I am not sure if there will be an "again".

• Visited September 2013
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your dining experience and we are sorry that we disappointed you.
Our Sunday Champagne Brunch is intended to be enjoyed at leisure, and we do not rush guests, especially if they start with an appetizer to share. Our Brunch menu offers a choice of four course Brunch or an a la carte Entree, so if other tables were seated later but got entrees earlier it may be that they only ordered an entree.
We are glad that you appreciated the manager's attention, the free appetizer and dessert, and we do hope you will dine with us again!
Collinsville, Illinois
“Meal with a View!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The food was prepared to perfection by a wonderful chef. Not only was it pleasing to the eye, but to the palate as well. And while we enjoyed our meal, we had a wonderful view of he Lake while we ate. The overall experience was great. The wait staff were all very accommodating and helpful.

Visited August 2013
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We love your title, "Meal with a view!"
Our chefs are truly dedicated and we are fortunate to have such great staff!
We look forward to having you join us again soon.