“Anniversary dinner not the best”
Review of The Geneva Inn

The Geneva Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Geneva Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 95 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Discover extraordinary cuisine at the Grandview Restaurant and Lounge. Savor a breathtaking, panoramic view of Geneva Lake and experience delicious combinations of texture, flavor and aroma.The Chefs at The Grandview Restaurant and Lounge take great pride in the process by which excellent food is created. Recognizing that quality of ingredients is paramount in the achievement of spectacular cuisine, we use nothing but the best and freshest available. LIVE Music every Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday Brunch. BREAKFAST: Monday - Saturday 7:30am - 10am LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm DINNER: Monday - Saturday from 5pm DINNER: Sunday - from 4pm SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 2pm
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Anniversary dinner not the best”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I came for our 34th anniversary dinner. Started with a cocktail at the bar, listening to some great piano and singing. Perhaps though, our first clue of the evening should have been the bartender, since she just wasn't quite with it. Oh we'll, on to our two top table, with lovely view, delightful. We ordered a bottle of wine, they didn't have it. Was given a suggestion, it was fine, but higher priced. Over wine, my husband is giving me an anniversary gift, and waiter keeps trying to get our order. I firmly told him "later, we're in no hurry". Should have been our first clue. Order dinner, husband's lamb is good, my duck and pheasant confit is a mixed bag. Should be butter tender, but what they tell me was pheasant, was dry as a bone and looked like chicken. When waiter asks how dinner is, I tell him, he brings over manager, and they do apologize and offer me more of the tender meat, but I am bummed out by now with dry meat and vegetables. They cut price for meal in half, and while that was nice, the waiter said to the manager that this is the third time this has happened. Why keep the item on the menu if it isn't prepared correctly? The crowning event is dessert, when I ask for a dessert menu, and waiter says oh, I can tell you, and rattles off a list. By this time we're so disenchanted that we pass. Overall reaction? Meh, we can find other restaurants that have better service and food. This is sad, since we have been cloning here for years.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hereandnoe
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your dining experience and we are sorry that we disappointed you.
Our staff take great pride in giving great service, and I am sorry that they disappointed you!
Pheasant is not easy to cook butter tender, and the Chef was addressing the situation. I am glad they offered you more of the Duck, and that they gave you a discount for the meal when you declined.
We do hope you will give us another chance!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Excellant food and service and views!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We staid at the Geneva Inn and dined there some nights. The food and drinks were Excellant ! The service was all one would ask for and you have a beautiful view of the lake. Truly great dining.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gary G
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind review!
We take pride in our quality food and gracious guest service, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit!
Denver, Colorado
“What a view!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Fabulous view and sunset. Food was very good. Service excellent. Ambiance quite nice. Had a hearty goulash soup which was flavorful. Salmon dinner was prepared well. My most enjoyable dinner during my week at Lake Genveva.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Anne B
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments, and your delicious description of our food!
We hope you do consider a stay at the Inn in the future; our rooms are beautiful, and we offer free Continental Breakfast in the Grandview to our overnight guests.
Woodstock, IL
“Wonderful restaurant with a beautiful view included”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated my birthday at this restaurant. We were able to look out over Geneva Lake as the sun was setting; very beautiful. I had fillet mignon and my husband chose lamb. Both entrees were very good, each with a beautiful presentation. Our waiter was very attentive and made good recommendations. We ended the meal sharing a piece of their chocolate mousse cake (delicious). I would highly recommend this restaurant for your next special occasion.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank BobKathy
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for celebrating your Birthday with us! We appreciate your kind comments about the view, your meal, and your service!
We are fortunate to be a special occasion destination, and look forward to having you join us again!
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent dining experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our family went here for a Christmas brunch. The lodge was extrodinarly decorated for the holidays creating a wonderful ambiance. Food is buffet style with seperate stations for breakfast and lunch items, seafood table, and omlette and carving stations. Food was excellent which included gourmet desserts highlighted by a large chocolate fountain in which several items can be dipped fondue style. Wonderful service and great view of the beautiful snow covered hilly landscape of southwest wisconsin.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank CM B
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Our Sunday Champagne Brunch features a great selection off of our menu, and includes a glass of Champagne with every meal!