“AWSOME VIEW AS WELL AS FOOD”
Review of The Geneva Inn

The Geneva Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Geneva Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 94 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Discover extraordinary cuisine at the Grandview Restaurant and Lounge. Savor a breathtaking, panoramic view of Geneva Lake and experience delicious combinations of texture, flavor and aroma.The Chefs at The Grandview Restaurant and Lounge take great pride in the process by which excellent food is created. Recognizing that quality of ingredients is paramount in the achievement of spectacular cuisine, we use nothing but the best and freshest available. LIVE Music every Friday and Saturday night, and Sunday Brunch. BREAKFAST: Monday - Saturday 7:30am - 10am LUNCH: Monday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:30pm DINNER: Monday - Saturday from 5pm DINNER: Sunday - from 4pm SUNDAY BRUNCH: 10:30am - 2pm
Chicago, Illinois
“AWSOME VIEW AS WELL AS FOOD”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Went for lunch at the Grandview on Lake Geneva. The food was outstanding, service was perfection with attention to every detail, with Rick, our waiter catering to our needs. The view on the Lake was also fantastic.

• Visited September 2011
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!

Chicago
“Nearly ruined our evening”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My wife and I decided to treat ourselves to an end of the week getaway at the Geneva Inn so we drove up from our home in suburban Chicago. We had ordered room service and had wanted to watch the sunset from our hotel at the Geneva Inn which had a fantastic view. We didn't see a wine list in our room so I decided to walk over to the Grandview and procure one.

This was where our experience turned south. There was an older lady at the reception who was so snooty, she actually tried to ignore me and service the folks waiting behind me. The younger lady beside her noticed me and started to ask me what I needed. I asked for a wine list and the younger lady gave it to me. I asked whether it was alright to take it with me and the younger lady started to say sure. The older lady (who I determined was the manager after a short phone call) interrupted both of us with a textbook curt and haughty "Yes."

Unfortunately for her, this is not the first fine dining experience for me. My wife and I routinely frequent fine dining restaurants and have been to Michelin starred restaurants in Chicago, California and Las Vegas. The manager must not have realized that the fancier the restaurant, the greater the expectations are on the courtesy of the staff. At a Michelin starred restaurant, the staff waits on you hand and foot.

In any case, we decided this establishment was definitely not for us. So we canceled room service and booked a dinner later in the evening at Kirsch's at the French Country Inn, who knew a thing or two about the fine dining experience. The rest of the evening went great, thanks to Kirsch's.

Will we ever go back to the Geneva Inn? No. In this day and age if you have a manager to who doesn't understand that the hotel and restaurant industries are service industries, you are in BIG TROUBLE. This place needs a new manager - FAST.

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank MikeLChicago
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and we are sorry that we disappointed you. We are glad that we were able to follow up and speak with you and apologize personally, and we do hope you will give us another chance.
uk
“Very very good.”
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at the hotel so we dined here on two of our 3 night stay. Enjoyed both dinners very much. Lovely view over the lake, we took our after dinner brandy Alexanders (fabulous) out onto the terrace, which was very picturesque.
We tried their speciality soup which was a bit like a stew, very tasty. The New York strip was very tender and tasty, the deep fried brie wasn't the best I've ever had but everything else was very good and the service was excellent.
Both nights cost around $90 for two courses each which I don't feel was overpriced for the quality of the food, the setting and the service.

Visited June 2011
2 Thank tembo
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again.
Ask about "The InnClusive" Package for your next visit, as it is the best value if you stay 2 nights in a lake view room and also intend to dine with us.
Pompano Beach, FL
“food was average”
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Possibly because we were a huge party but the food was average and it took an hour after we ordered. Steaks were grossly overcooked. Service was pleasant. Pleasant Atmostphere.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank lemon737
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your dining experience and we are sorry that we disappointed you. We do hope you will give us another chance, and we hope to win you back.
Libertyville, Illinois
“Special Restautrant”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I had dinner with my friends at the Grandview about 6 months ago. I loved the food, the ambience, the singer, the piano player and the view of the lake. There were quite a few people celebrating special occasions. My children gave me a 39th Wedding Anniversary Gift last week...a gift certificate for one night at the hotel and dinner at the Grandview. I can't wait for my husband to experience it with me. Very romantic.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank kjalsbury
Maia W, Manager at The Geneva Inn, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Thank you! We appreciate your kind comments. We hope to see you again soon!