“Walked out !”

Carvetti's Grill & Tap House
Ranked #72 of 99 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Carvetti's Grill & Tap House located in Historic downtown Lake Geneva backing up to the White River is the perfect spot to start in Lake Geneva. Specializing in appetizers,awesome burgers, huge chopped salads, wraps, pasta dishes,an all-u-can eat Fish Fry,specialty sandwiches, pulled pork to die for and our "Shut the front door Mac & Cheese" . Carvetti's is a family friendly environment where KIDS EAT FREE! For adults we offer many craft beers on tap, 3 full service bars,wines by the glass and plenty of top shelf liquors. With 22 HD tvs, every seat is the best seat in the house. Our 3 Award winning outdoor patios are truly amazing. Featuring over head party lighting, dance lighting, music, 2 full service bars, fire pits, palm trees, and seating for over 250 people. The perfect location to host Wedding rehearsal dinners, Bachelor & Bachelorette parties, celebrate birthdays as well as family & School reunions. Featuring buffets and Pig Roasts. All ages are welcome. Friday & Saturday nights after 10pm till 2:30am we have dancing with a LIVE DJ & VJ spinning the best music till closing. "What happens in Lake Geneva starts at Carvetti's" Come see why!
Reviewed March 25, 2012

After an hour and half of waiting, and watching tables around us- that were filled AFTER us- gettin served... We left!

Our frustrated outburst finally got the lame explanation that they lost one of our dishes.. Really?! WTF It wasn't even busy nor packed!

2  Thank Hdrose40

Reviewed July 6, 2011

My wife and I were visiting Lake Geneva on a Friday night, and when we needed to find a place we happened to walk by Carvetti's, which happened to advertise the "best burger in town." Sounded good to me, so that's where we ended up.
There was a nice brice right off the waterfront, so we sat outside. The outdoor bar area is really neat, a very friendly atmosphere.
I had the "Godzilla Burger," with a lot of spice. It was cooked exactly as I liked it, and the fries were great. I was a little disapointed in the tap beer selection, I thought there might be a wider variety, but it was by no means "bad." My Leine's went great with my burger.
My wife decided to go with something different, and since it was a Friday night she had fish fry. She said it was average, neither bad nor outstanding. We figure that since this isn't their speciality, most folks would probably assume that anyway, but now you know. She did say that since she was in the mood for it, it did "hit the spot."
Overall, the food was very good and the prices were great. One of the cheaper meals we had during our stay in Lake Geneva, so the overall value was superb.
If you're looking for something easy and tasty, give Carvetti's a try!

2  Thank MarisaAndBen
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Visited with my family last weekend. Slow to get greated, slower still to have drink order taken and food to arrive. Decent food, abysmal service. Will never go there again.

2  Thank signots
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Last night was our first - and last - visit to Carvetti's. Because we were a party of seven we called ahead to make sure that we could get a table. When we arrived we were seated at a dirty table in the "dance floor" area, right under vents blowing cold air. As it was only about 60 degrees outside, we asked if we could be moved to another table and were told there weren't any because we were such a large party. We asked if the a/c could be turned down because the vents were blowing right on us and were told that that was not possible because the area we were sitting would be cleared to be the dance floor later that night and anyone dancing would be too hot. The server gave us three menus . . . for seven people. While we waited for him to chase up some more menus, I cleaned off the dirty table as best I could with some napkins because the server obviously was not going to do so. We ordered drinks and I was served a glass of one of the three (poor quality) wines they carry in a dirty (lip-printed) glass - one of my dining companions was served a margarita that tasted like gasoline mixed with water. We ordered appetizers, which were adequate for appetizers out of a box, and entrees. I had the eggplant parmesan - eggplant sliced so thinly that cooking it made it mushy, served over a huge pile of penne. Really? The whole point of eggplant parmesan is the eggplant, not pasta. In fact, this is one of the few restaurants I've ever had eggplant parmesan at where pasta was part of the dish. One of my dining companions ordered the pasta of the day - a pile of penne with some marinara sauce, something easily made at home with a box pasta and jar sauce. Two other dining companions ordered the chicken paremesan - breaded chicken breasts served on big piles of penne. Really? That's all there is to Italian food? Penne? Another dining companion had to ask for his entree to be served after we had all received our meals. Throughout the meal, we were treated to the sounds of (apparently) a bachelorette party's screaming laughter as they downed shots in a nearby alcove. The service was inattentive and poor, the food was bland and absolutely nothing interesting or special and the atmosphere was grubby and loud. There is no way we will eat at Carvetti's again.

2  Thank RedSoeur
Reviewed August 7, 2010

No one came to seat us when we walked in. Noticed all the diners were out on the patio, so we went out there. Four of the tables still had other peoples dirty plates on them.. there was only one waitress. Was give the wrong check which was about $25.00 more than ours should have been. We came here because the burgers were recommended to us. They were good but not great. place was dirty and poorly staffed.
Felt very sorry for the waitress.

1  Thank painguina