“A Special Place on Lake Como”
Review of Mars Restaurant

Mars Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 94 Restaurants in Lake Geneva
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Aurora, Illinois
“A Special Place on Lake Como”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Besides a great view of Lake Como, Mars is a casual and fun place with decent food. It's a place where the locals go. We prefer a seat at the bar when available because we enjoy talking and laughing with whoever is near us. Prices are good and bar service is prompt and friendly. Mars is a hidden gem, tucked in the residential woods near the French Country Inn and Geneva Ridge Resort. Weekend evenings you can sit around the piano and sing along to the tunes you know.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dfirszt

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Burgers and Ribs!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I go to Mars when I really need a great bite to eat. I usually order a burger and probably the best burgers around! These burgers won't disappoint you. Plus, great people who work there. Really recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank BurgerFanatic
Wheeling, Illinois
“Its a classic!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been coming to Mars since I was 8! Now 30+ years later it looks the same and the food is still good. Now dont expect gourmet but the ribs are very good, chicken drummies are a kid favorite...and mine! The Fried Shrimp...which I cant have since my gluten issue, was very good. They make a great flavorful steak! It has a neat view of Como and the service is always friendly. Prices are decent. My son loves the ribs so do I as well as my father...it is generations of good food!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ejeckert
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Ole Wisconsin Supper Club”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Part of the charm of Mars Restaurant is they are going on 25 years and not much has changed. This was our first time dining here and old and charming it is. Located out of the town of Lake Geneva, it is hidden off Hwy 50 headed west (turn right on the road just past the Pesche Garden Nursery).

It is a throwback to the Wisconsin Supper Club. Order an Olde Fashioned Cocktail and relax and just take in the view of Lake Como. The lake view kept our focus off the aging atmosphere. We ordered the ribs and they were quite good. Better than the fried chicken that can be ordered alone or in combination with the ribs. Really liked the steakfries side. Ask for the evenings specials as our server neglected to inform us and we overheard other servers informing their guests of entree specials and soup du jour.

Go for a beautiful sunset on Lake Como and at least try this place we have heard so much of over the years. We are glad we went...at least this once.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank IXLR842
Schererville, Indiana
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food was ok nothing to write about. However the view is beautiful. It's just a short walk from The French Country Inn who's restaurant has not reopened yet.

Visited April 2013