“Everything You Need and More” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites Lake Geneva

Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Spring Grove, IL
“Everything You Need and More”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2009

We were having our hardwood floors refinished and had to get out of the house. Fortunately, Lake Geneva is convenient, and I decided to make a little getaway out of it. My niece and nephew were on Spring Break, so I thought we could take advantage of the pool, game room, etc.

I called the hotel the same day to book and they were so helpful. I actually booked for 2 days, but we only needed to stay for one, and they didn't charge me.

The entire hotel is 100% smoke-free. Kudos!

The hotel is newer, and I can't describe it as glamorous because it's a Comfort Suites, but it was clean and kept up. Check-in was very easy. The desk clerk recommended the 3rd floor. We were room 309 (1st room near the elevator). It had two double beds and a sofa, a refrigerator, free WiFi throughout the resort. My niece and nephew thought it was the greatest! We brought snacks and my parents came up later, so we ordered pizza from Gino's East and they let us use the dining room. The couldn't do more for us.

The pool is open from 5:00 a.m. - midnight, which was great! There is no Lifeguard, but don't leave kids unattended.

They also serve a free breakfast in the morning. You could make your own waffles, bagels, cinnamon toast, regular toast, Omelettes, hard-boiled eggs, oranges, apples, pears, juice, coffe, and milk.

They also have Coffee, Tea, and Hot Chocolate in the lobby all day long.

There is a small work-out room (a treadmill and a bicycle), a small gameroom (Pac Man and a few other coin-operated games for the kids), and there is a square pool with a basketball net, a kiddie pool that is about 2" deep with a sprinkler, and a hot tub (all indoors). I believe that there was an outdoor pool, but since it's March, we couldn't take advantage of that anyhow.

They also had a small area where they sold convenience items such as pop, frozen pizza, etc. There also is a Wal-Mart down the street.

This has nothing to do with the hotel, but there were some young boys running up and down the stairs and through the hallways and spilling chocolate all over the floors. Parents should tteach their children to be more respectful. I made sure that my niece and nephew behaved.

This hotel is conveniently located to downtown Lake Geneva, but it's not walking distance.

I was very impressed by this hotel. It had everything we needed and more. I think service far outweighs frills, but this resort had a lot of perks too!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank MJo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2009

Me, my wife and 2yrsold son stayed at Comfort Suites Lake Geneva on 2/15/2009 on our ski stay at LakeGeneva. We consider ourselves very picky about where we stay, this hotel really made us happy holiday and we made a excellent choice staying at this hotel, The Hotel is very clean, spacious, gym, nice heated pool with jacuji, video game arcades and excellent breakfast area with more menu than ordinaly hotels. (just like the pictures on their website) The hotel is close to every thing that LakeGeveva has to offer, Alpine Valley Ski resort about 15-20mins, GrandGeneva Ski resort about 5-10mins, I went to both ski resort from this hotel. This hotel is really the best....I could not ask for more. The bed is nice, the room was well built with sepalated area (semi suite), microwave installed, freeWifi, safe, 2 queen beds and other regular amenities. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We loved it so much that we were not able to find any bad things. We would definitely will stay here on our next visits to LakeGeneva. Thanks to all staff at Comfort suite LakeGeneva.

• Liked — Hotel Staff and the Hotel
  • Disliked — We liked everything
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sunspring1976
mt prospect il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2008

Hotel service and quality excellent. We enjoyed our stay in the quietest room I've ever been in. I really liked the door closing mechanism that prevented doors from slamming around you. There were other guests next door and across the hall and we never heard them either enter or leave. I would highly recommend this one.

• Liked — quietness of rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peteual
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

Rooms were clean and spacious. I liked the fact that the hotel was away from downtown (about a 10 minute walk to downtown & beach). It was pretty quiet (but we were toward the back, away from the elevators). Breakfast was decent, but got a little crowded between 8 & 9. I had to ask for more plates & coffee. They should have later breakfast hours on the weekends (hours are 6-9:30 every day). It should go until 10. Nice size fridge in room & whirlpool in room (which we didn't use). I would stay there again.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — no outdoor pool
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jepolaine
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

THEY KEPT MY DEPOSIT, BILLED INCORRECTLY AND THEY REFUSED TO ISSUE A REFUND!!!

- It’s a one-man show, the check-in clerk is also the maintenance person who can’t fix anything;
- Call and you’re lucky if they answer the phone;
- Towels were FLITHY YELLOW;
- Better not have an accident, they don’t have a first aid kit and won’t even care;
- Children should not be allowed here, the tables have super sharp corners;
- The indicate they serve breakfast until 9:30 a.m. but really it’s until they run out of food (around 9am);
- Pool was freezing cold and about 10 sq ft. Good luck not getting clobbered by the kids shooting basketballs;
- Whirlpool was not working, the note read, “do not touch or turn on”;
- The “suites” are the same size as a regular hotel room and do not have a kitchen, stove, refrigerator etc unlike all others in the area;
- Pictures from the website are deceiving;
- The lake is nowhere in sight;
- Must drive to the main part of town;
- Staff were absolutely unprofessional and their headquarters just as unresponsive;
- It was my first/last stay EVER at a “COMFORT” Inn. Should have known better.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — They Refused To Refund My Deposit, they had poor service and no working ammenities
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank dominik712
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2006

We booked this hotel for a Thursday and Friday night stay. We chose the Comfort Inn over other hotels and resorts in the area due to the rate and their free breakfast. I thought the other resorts in the area were all very high priced, especially for the weekend nights.

We arrived early and were allowed into our room even though we were early and the computer was down so they could not check us in. The room was immense and included a whirlpool tub, a couch, and a king size bed with plenty of room around each. My only complaint about the room would be the lack of TV channels, I think we got 12 in all including 4 local stations and the weather channel.

The breakfast is expanded beyond the traditional donut and coffee fare to include waffles, sausage and bacon. Everything we had was fresh and good. The pool area was also nice, included was a traditional pool, a zero entry pool with fountains for small children, and a hot tub. The Lake Geneva area itself was quite disappointing for me, there wasn't much of a variety of shops and the restaurants are rather expensive. All parking is metered and enforced within a 10 block radius of downtown. I thought the enforcement was pretty tough given that this is off season and during the week. One poor lady parked her vehicle and ran into the shop directly in front of her to get change for the meter and came right back out. The meter lady saw everything we did and still wrote her a ticket. I give the hotel a B+ and the area itself a C-.

• Liked — Room size and free breakdfast
  • Disliked — Lack of TV channels
  • Tips/Secrets — Check for free cookies at the front desk in the afternoons
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jdevries
tequesta, florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2006

Stayed here for two nights in mid september and could not be happier with our choice. This hotel is just around the corner from the lake and is in a nice quiet location. Words I would use to describe comfort suites are: New, Clean, Large Rooms, Good Beds, Nicely Appointed, High Ceilings, Great Free Breakfast, Free wireless internet, extremely nice and accomodating employees.

I must say it was also nice and quiet! Just an overall great choice when staying in Lake Geneva. I am very picky about hotel rooms and this satisfied even me!

• Liked — clean clean clean!
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family