“Nice, clean close and friendly”

Comfort Suites Lake Geneva
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Omaha, Nebraska
“Nice, clean close and friendly”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This place is just a short drive (like 2 minutes) from town and the lake. The staff was super friendly, the breakfast area well stocked and the room was spacious and comfortable. We did have some problem with our reservation (booked through Choice Hotels) that were quickly corrected by yhe night clerk. We will definitely stay here next time we visit this area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike V

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Seven old high school friends stayed for a Girls Get Away. We had adjoining rooms which were very clean and comfortable. The hotel staff was very helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast which had a great variety of items to choose. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Karen C
Chicago, IL
Reviewed June 5, 2014

My friend and I go to Lake Geneva for a casual weekend overnight every year. The resort hotels are very nice, but so expensive for a quick trip like this. Plus, many hotels understandably have 2-night minimums. We decided to give Comfort Inn Suites a shot and were so pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's a chain hotel. The rates were reasonable (signing up for their free membership saved me another $20 at least). This hotel was so clean: the lobby, pool area, hallways and our room. The beds were so comfortable, and the 2-queen included a couch and coffee table that allowed even more room. The hotel clerks were very pleasant. Not sure if it was because it was a Sunday, but the breakfast offered was the best, by far, that I've had at an express hotel like this, including eggs and sausage, 2 kinds of yogurt, several breads and pastries, and lots of fresh fruit. The downside? The pool is indoors and pretty unadorned, but, again, there was a whirlpool and separate kid's pool and it was great. We'll be back next year, no question.

Room Tip: We were just off the elevator on the second floor; though we heard noise in the hallway, the room i...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Renchard
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We actually left and came here from the Grand Geneva Resort. We were not impressed with the Grand Geneva for the money it cost. We were able to secure a King Jacuzzi suite room here. The room was a bit dingy, more so the bathroom then anything. The tile could use a refresh. However, honestly I thought this was better then the Grand Geneva Resort. The individual at the front desk was very helpful and super friendly. Unfortunately his name escapes me but thanks for helping us! The pool was very nice, as was the hot tub. It was very quiet and the stay includes breakfast. Overall, it is a better bet for your money then some of the other hotels in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lifeadventures2014
Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Rude/lazy front desk staff, disgusting bathroom,!! Checked in and I stood and waited at the front desk as two of the staff were having a conversation and could not make eye contact with me or even acknowledge me for over 1 minute.
Our room was hot, AC wasn't working and the safe was closed - not able to put valuables in, when I informed the front staff (Katie) I got a BLANK look and she basically said we will see what we can do about it. When we were gone the AC was "fixed" but not the safe. Room was still never cool enough.
I asked 3 times about the possibility of a late check out; when making the reservation, when checking in (got a BLANK look from Katie) and then the morning of - always got a weak answer until the morning of where we were told they couldn't accommodate us for 2 MORE HOURS - check out was 11 and we needed to change for a wedding at 1pm then leave.
What is so sad is the property is close to downtown Lake Geneva, walking is easy (about 20 minutes) and they could have a nice establishment but the "hotel" is run down and dirty. They claim it is across the street from a country club but that closed down years ago and the land is overgrown. Would never stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank susan s
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I recently booked, and paid for two rooms for Friday and Saturday using Priceline's Name your Price feature naming Ruth for the second room.

I called CS to request queen beds, and "Ryan" informed me that Priceline forbids them from changing bed types. Further conversation with "Ryan" proved fruitless - I gave up, emailed Priceline through their website and received no response. According to priceline, there is no restriction on bed-type.

Ruth couldn't make it up on Friday, so I checked into one of my rooms, but was not allowed to check in to the second room, even though it was paid for by me and part of my single trip and Priceline itinerary. (I understand that this is for security and staff following rules, but it is irritating it is to have paid for a room that you know is going to lie empty). I explained to "Ryan" that Ruth would be there tomorrow to check in. Ryan was smug, triumphant, and seemd to enjoy telling me how screwed I was. And as we have established, wrong on the bed type issue.

When Ruth tried to checkin on Saturday, we were informed that the reservation was cancelled, and that no rooms were available. I asked about the conversation from Friday, and I was told there were no notes.

We crammed our 6 people into a king bed and a sleeper couch on Saturday, and I was out of pocket for two nights in a hotel room I had paid for and been prevented from using due to the incompetence, misinformation, and anti-customer attitude of the reception staff at Lake Geneva Comfort Suites.

Room Tip: Run, just run.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank MatthewDyer
Hidden Valley Lake, California
Reviewed May 3, 2014

There on business, I just wanted to get to my room and sleep. Very nice, clean and quiet. Restaurants are close by, as well as grocery store and shopping. Staff was helpful, will definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business