“Decent place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Lake Geneva
Round Lake, Illinois, United States
“Decent place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed under a group rate for a wedding. Very happy with the price. The bed was comfortable. Wireless Internet did not work. I called the front desk, they said to give it a minute and it would come on. (The front desk told me another guest had the same problem, so i know it wasn't my equipment) That never came to fruition. Beside that one hiccup, overall a nice, basic, clean place to stay. No major frills, other than a indoor pool which I didn't use. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Rob B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

You get what you pay for here. I paid $89.00 plus a sneaky additional $1.50 for "in room safe rental". Room was decent, service OK. Breakfast was boring. I would stay here again if nothing else is available. This is also one of the cheaper Lake Geneva rooms so temper your expectations.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank birdie6464
Souther Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We've stayed at this property in the past. Staff is friendy, rooms are clean, nice breakfast. Mention you're staying here for a discount at Lake Geneva Cruise Line Tours. Our last stay we had a room with a jucuzzi tub. Very nice but had to rearrange the tv so we could see it from the tub.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoutherWisconsinRose
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My Husband and i came here for our Anniversary. We loved our stay and the breakfast was good to. The staff was very nice and helpful during our stay. Our room was beautiful and clean. We loved the pools also but the best part of this trip was i lost my sony snapshot camera with all my pictures we had taken in Lake Geneva. I called the hotel and spoke to someone at the front desk and asked to see if anyone had return a missing camera, but he said no one had turned in a camera . So I called back later that night and spoke to a nice gentleman named Chad he told me no one had checked in the room and to give him 30 minutes and he will call me back and let me know if he found it. He did thank God. I really appreciate Chad, the Manager and the this hotel for there great service. I will stay here again.Thank You

Room Tip: We left the car at the hotel and walked down town. because traffic can get bad down town. Try the bo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolyn T
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

After a very busy week in Lake Geneva the Comfort Suites made my night incredible! I figured the hotel would be trashed being the day after Country Thunder but it couldn't have been cleaner! The guy at the front desk worked all weekend through the drunken mess but was still very cordial and welcomed me in. Would be happy to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank bigselhorst
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is the third time we have stayed at Comfort Suites in Lake Geneva. We like the large, clean rooms, breakfast that is included in the room rate, and we think the price is very good for the quality of the room and proximity to downtown Lake Geneva. The beds are comfortable and we love having the extra space of a pull-out sofa bed in the suites. It's also nice to have a refrigerator and microwave. The staff were friendly and helpful when we needed bedding for the pull-out bed. We will stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank csru
Oak Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night and have no complaints. Our room was clean and good-sized, and it was very quiet. The morning breakfast was the usual fare for this type of hotel - waffles, scrambled eggs, some pastries, cereal, etc. It would have been nice to have, though, to have some wheat or whole grain bread - everything was white. But it was adequate and filling. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple