“Best Place to Go For a Romantic Relaxing Getaway!”
Review of Lazy Cloud Inn

Lazy Cloud Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Lake Geneva B&B and Inns
Chicago
“Best Place to Go For a Romantic Relaxing Getaway!”
Reviewed February 17, 2009

My husband and I started staying at Lazy Cloud about 3 yrs. ago and ever since then we just keep coming back because we love it so much! This time it was for Valentines Day and to celebrate my husbands birthday. We always stay at the Inn which from the road looks deceving because once you drive in it looks just like an ordinary motel. But once you get inside of the rooms it's a whole other story. The rooms are the most cozy, inviting, and romantic of any other place I have ever stayed and I have stayed at several B&B's and hotels with Jacuzzis in the room. Just the whole setting from the canopy beds, to the fireplace in the room, the Jacuzzi and candles everywhere you can't beat it for the price. Also included are chocolates by your bed, and your choice of either wine, champagne, or a non-alchohlic beverage for each night of your stay as well as either a carmel apple pie which my husband loves or chocolate covered strawberries. If you stay in the warmer months there is a private balcony or patio right outside of your room with either a swing or table where you can sit and enjoy your breakfast (which is also included consisting of juice and muffins) or just enjoy the scenery and peace and quiet. We like the Inn because they have TVS with VCRS and they have a good selection of movies you can watch. it's so nice to snuggle up to your special someone with the fireplace going and watch a good movie. If you prefer not to watch TV then there are also 4 suites at the INN as well as the Bed and Breakfast that do not have TVS. The INN is closet to Lake Geneva only about 5 minutes so it is real close to shopping and restaurants and a movie Theatre. We choose to stay here because we feel so comfortable and when you find a place like this that you like so much why go anywhere else. We will definately be back hopefully sooner than later!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Beach Park, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2008

My husband I I have stayed here 4 times now, we always seem to stay around our anniversary .(Nov) We have yet to stay in the summer, but we would love to try that some time, it is very expensive in the summer months though. We absolutly love this place, every detail is thought of, and taken care of. You just can't help but feel comfy and content when you are there. They supply snacks, chocolates,apple pie, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, popcorn, and that doesn't count the breakfast pastries. Even the bathroom has everything that one might forget, razors, toothpaste, blowdryer, even a curling iron and hairspray! Not to mention the usual shampoo and lotion. To me that just says somebody is thinking of you and all you might need. Our favorite room so far is the "Dreamcatcher", it has a refrigerator and TV, not all of the rooms do. We have stayed in a different room each time. I love that they provide candles in the room also. I agree that you have to be the kind of people that like this kind of thing or you might not like it. My only wish is that they lower the prices at least on occasion, or offer some type of specials for returning customers! My husband and I love it! We have even nicknamed the Lazy Cloud Inn "The Love Lodge" If you go relax and just enjoy each other!

• Liked — The way they make you feel like you are important to them!
  • Disliked — The cost is excessive.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Krissy25
Wisconsin
Reviewed August 20, 2008

Our get away at the Lazy Cloud Lodge was absolutely incredible !!!! At the last minute my husband and I decided to go to Lake Geneva. I googled bed and breakfasts in Lake Geneva, read multiple reviews, contacted multiple owners, until finally I called the Lazy Cloud Lodge. Even though I had read some "so-so ratings", the owner was so helpful and gracious, I decided to book a room. I am so grateful that I followed my own intuition. From the moment we pulled up to the property at the Lazy Cloud Lodge, I was at peace with my decision. The wooded grounds, the gardens and the hammocks just lured us in. The apple pie, wine, chocolates and sticky buns were just icing on the cake!!! We can't wait to go back!!!

Colleen and Mike

• Liked — The grounds at the lodge!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank price22
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I really enjoyed staying here! It had great amenities and I loved having the Jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. It was a quirky romantic stay!

• Liked — It had lots to offer
  • Disliked — Not too pretty on the outside
  • Stayed August 2005, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2008

I have mixed feelings about the Lazy Cloud Inn. Pulling up to it, I was not impressed. It is a motel. Period. Having gotten that out of my system -- I can state that they have a lot of nice things that an ordinary motel doesn't have. They do have snacks -- chocolate covered strawberries and/or carmel apple pie they bring to your room. They do go out of their way and are friendly. The themed rooms are -- well, on the borderline of tacky vs cute. They have gas fireplaces and hot tubs -- somewhat nice. The decor is very played up and basically "artifically cutsy" -- not my type of thing. We had a private porch but it really didn't look out on to anything and it is a good 5-10 minute drive to Lake Geneva itself. Given the price $240 -- and the fact we could have stayed in a lakefront hotel for less. I have to state that I will not be returning -- however, it is not all bad -- just very particular.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — price, value for what you get
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
OH
Reviewed April 4, 2008

I'm going to try to remain neutral during my review b/c I think this experience showed my husband and I that we just aren't the B&B type of people. The rooms were very clean and had a number of nice amenities, including the fireplace and hottub. The bottle of your choice upon arrival, in addition to the chocolate covered strawberries, were also a very nice touch. The location is a bit removed from the downtown area of Lake Geneva - about 15 mins. The room was decorated with a number of old wedding, etc pictures and there was a small antique doll dress(?), that some might find nice but we found a bit creepy. Again, just not our style. There were also journals in the room kept by everyone who had stayed there that they suggested we read and write in, but I didn't really want to read/think about another couple's romantic night in the room. Apparently though they were quite popular b/c a number of journals looked full. The bathrooms were very clean, although there is no separate shower stall so the floor was very wet after use. The breakfast the next morning was extremely good, and I would say the best part of our stay.

Overall, if B&B are your thing, you will probably like it here.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank tribefan80
Reviewed June 11, 2007

My hubby and I went here on our honeymoon. It is built for romance and privacy, so don't expect a 5-star hotel room. On the other hand, this place has charm. We stayed in the log cabin room, and it really felt like we were in a tiny log cabin, with old books on the shelves, and cute decor everywhere. It was so homey and rustic. The hot tub and mirrors were great for a romantic getaway, as were the double-wide hammocks in the lawn. Morning breakfast was delicious, and we had an apple pie waiting for us at the room when we arrived.

Stayed July 2006