“Great place with great service”
Review of Scuttlebutts - CLOSED

Scuttlebutts
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had the salad bar and soup, and the waitress brought us fresh whole grain rolls to go with it. The food was very good and it was a nice place to eat. I would recommend.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

We went for a famous Friday fish fry and were very pleased with our meal. The fish was fresh and delicious and the portions were perfect. We have gone back twice now!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

We are regulars at this place for the fish fry on Friday, broiled or beer-batter fried fish - all you can eat. Start with a piece of rye bread, butter, good cole slaw - they make it, not buy it, and a few minutes wait - IF you get there 6pm-7:00pm and fresh hot fish. much after that and the wait is longer for some reason. Go earlier if you can and get a window seat. Don't bother after 8pm, the fish is rewarmed from my experiences....
The staff runs from great to poor depending on which wait person you get. The middle aged ladies give the best service, be nice and tip them! Talk with them a few mins if there is time. At least ask how they are doing!
They are long term employees and will remember you, ergo, better service next time!

The place is based on Swedish food and they do cook if well, but not very popular.

Better sampled in the off season. Go here at least once while in town.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Scuttlebutts is one of my favorite places to go for a delicious fish fry. They are always busy for the Friday night fish fry, but it is usually immediate seating. The fish here is so good, and it is all you can eat! I have had both the baked and fried cod, and they even let you get half and half! The dinner accompaniments are also great--cole slaw, rye bread, choice of potato, applesauce. You will definitely leave here feeling satisfied. The Friday fish fry is such a good deal, with it being all you can eat. It is a better value to come here than to go to somewhere like Culver's. Servers are always VERY friendly and personable, too, and the food comes out fast. I enjoy coming here for fish, and it never disappoints! The views of the lake are nice, too. I have also been here for breakfast, and that is fantastic, too. There are lots of choices. I have had various omelets when eating here for breakfast. The portion sizes at breakfast are very generous. My uncle who lives in Alabama loves eating here anytime he is up in Wisconsin for a visit, and we always make sure to take him here for Friday fish or Saturday or Sunday morning breakfast. I always enjoy Scuttlebutts and it is a nice, quaint restaurant to try. I like it better than the overrated Popeye's next door.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

If you are looking for a nice restaurant other that Culvers or Burger King for your family that is reasonable in price and amount of food you receive, this is the place. It has nice waitresses, is clean and all the windows around the place lets you look out at the lake. We were very happy with it.

2  Thank snowbird502014