“easter weekend”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our first time there and enjoyed every bit of it!!! Food and staff were absolutely wonderful!!!! Great atmosphere!!! Thank you!

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Ok people, here is the deal, having grown up just over the border in the north suburbs of Chicago I have been coming up here since I could walk, so now 40 years later I can say in pure confidence not much has changed. Listen, I get for some this is "their" vacation and expectations are set high but honestly you need to settle in and realize, it is what it is, a quaint lake town, full of laid back people who continue to do what they have done since day one and you know why....... because it works, people still come and they still make $$. At the end of day the food is decent, the location is supreme and it is just overall an easy place to go no matter what your demographic is. The rotisserie chicken, their speciality, is amazing and their Bloody Mary's are the best! Carlos was our waiter and he is top notch, thank you for being such an asset to the place!!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Where to begin. First we had GF questions for the waitress since we were traveling with our9 yr old niece who is on a strict GF diet due to health. The waitress went above and beyond to help us ensure she received a delicious GF meal. Her customer service was top notch! Second the food was delicious. I had a pulled chicken wrap and my husband sampled the two pulled items. Very flavorful on all accounts. His garlic potatoes were good BUT they could have been better if they would use real potatoes. The lake view perfect. Parking perfect it is free. The atmosphere was fun. Plenty of photo ops. The house beer was also very good. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town! Thank you for a great visit!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

touristy and not very good food but the location is the best in the town as it is right on the Lake.

1  Thank Lawrie W
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My girlfriend and I gave Popeyes a try and enjoyed it's great lakefront view and cheerful ambiance. But the 2 greek salads we ordered feel way short and were terribly overpriced even factoring in the resort setting. I ordered BBQ salmon on my salad and should have known better. It was cut in small cubes and the BBQ sauce worked at cross-purposes with the salmon as opposed to a good grilled or blacked salmon salad. The waitress was very nice and a great server so we did care to spoil the atmosphere by complaining.
Certainly. other diners seemed to be having a great time and ordered items they hopefully really enjoyed.

WendyAF, Public Relations Manager at Popeye's on Lake Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hello Jon,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a honest review of your experience at our restaurant.

Your opinion matters to us and we take your comments to heart.

I will certainly pass on your comments regarding our salads to our kitchen and management staff. It is comments like yours that help us provide a better experience for our diners.

We are certainly glad to hear that you had a great server and enjoyed the restaurants ambiance however and we will also be sharing your positive comments with our wait staff.

If you choose to revisit us in the future please see a manager on duty. We would love to discuss your past visit and address any concerns that you may have.

Have a great day!