“Been here twice.....”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

One visit killing time while my wife was getting a mani/pedi, stayed inside (very hot day during Aug '12), had the Brie/Shrimp appetizer. Was very good, nice bread to go along. This past Summer ('13) sat outside with my wife and son, ordered the same. Turned out to be very oily (obviously not the same Brie as instead of melting it was separating), My wife had a salad which was fine, they were accommodating in making my son something not quite on the menu but still easy. Many like this spot for the Bloody Mary's and Fish Fry.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,249)

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for something fairly fast on a busy weekend, try this. Popeye's is huge, so it can accommodate a lot of people. I had the BBQ chicken sandwich and it was really good.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Tried this restaurant because of its prominent location close to the lakeshore. Bit disappointed with the food, ribs and chicken which was average. Very few people there on the night and service was rather slow.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were looking for a place for dinner and decided on this place since the town was kind of dead on a Sunday early night. I felt the menu was a little limited in main entrees, and also priced too high for what was offered. Hubby and I went with the rotisserie chicken. The 1/4 chicken was$15 and the 1/2 all white was $20!
A side salad or soup was included along with a side. We chose the chef's choice which was rice and scalloped potatoes and small amount of cooked carrots. Seemed odd the chef would choose two starches for a choice. The lemon chicken soup was very good and the chicken was good but I think the prices reflect the touristy area. Overall I would rather come for lunch and grab a burger and a beer.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently took a trip to Lake Geneva for our anniversary. We spent two nights in Lake Geneva and ate at Popeye's both nights. This was not our first trip to Lake Geneva so we were well aware of where and what to eat.

Let me start off by saying...this is not a Popeyes Chicken! This is a full featured dine in restaurant that has a wide variety of food and drink. This was our third visit to this restaurant, and I must tell you the food is great.

In the past the service was perfect, though this most recent trip our waitress kept disapearing and in my mind they should check in on your from time to time. Other than that issue, the food was worth dealing with the poor service.